J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 5-Inch Stainless-Steel Utility Knife

J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 5-Inch Stainless-Steel Utility KnifeWhenever my husband and I are in the kitchen together preparing dinner, one of us waits until the other is finished cutting to use this knife. It slices through tomatoes without ruining them. We use it for cutting everything.

I sometimes wonder if these reviews are all about the same item. This serrated knife is great. It isnt like it was $100 so while you cant expect $100 value in a $9 knife, I think it is worth 3x the price. I love serrated knives for some reason. I read some reviews and saw someone say they could cut veges thin with it. I have to think she was using a different product because I have zero problem cutting things to a transparent thickness. I actually love it for cheese. I also love it for meats. I hate those little steak knives that come with the sets. At least this one feels like you have something in your hand and it gives you great leverege or however you spell that word. I use it for everything from cutting a tomato to cutting rolls and meats and cheeses. I actually liked it so much that I just bought more of them. I dont see how the tip breaks off like a couple people said. I do clean mine by hand and dont put it in the dishwasher but I dont see how that should matter. I never had a very expensive serrated knife and now I dont see why I would ever need one. I would just as soon buy another one for the lousy $9 if something happened to the ones I have. These reviews make it so tough to rely on as I am looking for something in a different area and things have 300 5 star reviews and than 10 people give the product 1 star and it throws off your thinking. It makes it very tough to buy things based on reviews. Not many things have all 5 star reviews, if any. So when every product has both 5 star and 1 star reviews, you have to wonder if they are talking about the same product. Not counting the broken out of the box problems because I suppose that can happen. Oh well! I think this knife is fabulous especially for the price

Buy J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 5-Inch Stainless-Steel Utility Knife Now

It's hard to go wrong with any Henckels knife. That said, I read other reviews and thought that this knife would be an improvement for cutting vegetables for my salads. Wrong. The serrated blade tends to shred mushrooms rather than cut them thinly, and my tomatoes, also fairly soft, get mushy in the cutting. So, for softer items, this knife loses a star with me. On the other hand, it slices firmer items just fine, such as bread, sandwiches, meats, onions and celery and semi-ripe avocados. Again, though, I had no luck slicing anything thinly with this knife. Here is information from the tag which is helpful: (1) micro-serrated edge; (2) heavy weight stamped; (3) triple riveted handles with stainless rivets; (4) fully visible tang construction; (5) breakproof, dishwasher safe (handwashing recommended); (6) made in Thailand; (7) contour black polypropylene handle and (8) fully guaranteed against defects in material and/or craftsmanship. The label also includes a website if you have other questions. I like the weight of the knife in general, and the handle is substantial, balanced and easy on my hand.

In the event that there are any material problems with the knife, I know from personal experience that Henckels has a terrific guarantee. I recently contacted them about a paring knife that was over 25 years old with a bent blade. I mailed the knife back to Henckels, and they sent me a new knife; all I paid was the cost of the postage back to them; they gave me the new knife and paid the postage back. So, I already know that if this knife does not hold up over time, Henckels will stand behind their product.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 5-Inch Stainless-Steel Utility Knife Here

This is my 2nd one of this specific knife.

I bought a second because it is the ONE knife I use for almost all my cutting and prepping.

Interestingly, my first one I purchased about 7 yrs back was from Japan.

I have never had to resharpen this knife. EVER!

This one is from China. I tried to compare and find a flaw but the knife is perfect.

Super sharp and extremely well balanced in the hand.

Japan vs. China.... I don't see any difference.

They must still be following the Henckel manufacturer's strict specifications.

I would recommend this to any intermediate and professional chef.

It is very sharp and unforgiving for a very beginner cook so be careful.

Want J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 5-Inch Stainless-Steel Utility Knife Discount?

This is a wonderful knife, always sharp, just the right size for almost all food preparation. It chops, slices, cuts. Very comfortable to use.

Save 41% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment