Zyliss Paring Knife, Green

Zyliss Paring Knife, GreenThe knife blade is nice and sharp and the handle fits comfortably in the hand. However, the knife comes with a protective holder that I would love to be able to use to protect the blade. The holder is so poorly designed that I cut myself severely the first time I attempted to insert the knife into it. If you buy this product, forget about trying to protect the blade, and just use the knife alone.Zyliss Paring Knife, Green

This knife is perfect for just about any precise cutting task. The handle is grippy, and easy to hold. The blade is somewhat thin, but not so thin that it can't cut through carrots with ease. Very balanced weight. All around decent knife for the money, and the design is nice. I prefer not to use the plastic sheath, primarily to prevent premature blade-dulling. As another reviewer noted, the stylized sheath has an opening near the tip that exposes the blade during insertion. If the sheath is held improperly, you can easily slice yourself. However, the sheath is handy, and I will keep it to protect the blade during transport. I could easily see myself buying another primarily for camping trips.

Buy Zyliss Paring Knife, Green Now

I love having this knife on hand in my lunch bag to cut up my fruits. The blade cover really keeps you safe.

Read Best Reviews of Zyliss Paring Knife, Green Here

Update: First off, don't listen to me. I am not a chef. I actually use this knife often and I use it for everything from opening packages to stirring soup to flipping burgers. I use one utensil if I can so I don't have as many dishes to wash. Anyway, this knife, despite my earlier comments (below), is a good, sharp and useful item. I feel my 3-stars is a bit harsh... but then again, this isn't Japanese damascus from a master either.

Previous comments: I like knives and I'm Swiss. This was a spontaneous purchase. I am using it quite a bit... since it's affordable and easily sharpened it might even spread some peanut butter since it seems to be out of the drawer more than other knives.

That being said... It was not perfectly sharpened on arrival. Within a week it had a small knick in it. I resharpened it then it's nice.. but didn't hold it's edge long. 3-stars.

This Zyliss has become somewhat of a utility knife in our kitchen since the other blades I ordered the same day are much sharper, hold a refined edge better and seem precious compared to this. I'd like to give it 4-stars for the superior handle and cool guard... but a knife is really about cutting performance.

Update: There's nothing more to add. It was sub-$10 and it's very handy. I do think there are better. I ordered a Mora for outdoor use that is 10X the knife this is... but I also ordered a few kitchen blades that are much nicer.. in the same price range.

Would I buy another of this same knife? 3-stars... unlikely.

Want Zyliss Paring Knife, Green Discount?

This little knife is BIGGER that the average paring knife but works 10 times better. Was able to fully peal tomatoes for salsa with it! That's sharp. Quality is superior to knifes I have used that cost 5 times as much! Highly recommended. Wait, I need to buy another one for work now! ;)

Save 89% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment