Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 8-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Bread Knife

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 8-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Bread KnifeI may use my Chef's knife everyday, but I use this knife every other day--more often than one would think. This isn't just a bread knife, but a heavy-duty serious serrated utility knife, the best thing to cut super-thin tomato slices or anything with a skin, like sausage.

The triple rivet handles are classic and the construction is neigh-on flawless--I look forward to having my children (currently not even a gleam in my eye) inherit these in the same condition they're in now.

After purchasing three other Henckels Pro S Knives (non-serrated) and being satisfied with the quality, we purchased this bread knife assuming the expense would be worth it. BUYER BEWARE. We only used this knife on bread and pastry, always used a cutting board and hand washed it. But after only a couple months use, the serrations not only bent out of shape, but very small fissures, almost like cracks, appeared in the blade. The blade was so jagged the dishcloth would hook on the blade and it was putting little holes in my dishtowels. I packaged it back up in the original packaging and sent it to the Henckels customer relations department, assuming that this reputable company would stand behind the product. But five weeks later I received my knife in the mail with a message that simply said the knife needed professional sharpening. PLUS, they had thrown away the original packaging I had saved specifically in case I ever needed to send the knife in and make use of the warranty, and instead they sent the knife back to me in a cheap disposable plastic sleeve. The fissures in the blade were too deep for sharpening to get out without completely grinding it away. So I tried calling the Customer Relations department THREE times. All times I had to leave messages that were never returned. And beware, it is difficult to find a sharpening service that will sharpen a serrated knife. I could only find places I would have to mail it out to again that said they would try it. I finally took it to my local butcher shop who said they would try to sharpen it but couldn't guarantee I'd be happy with the finished product as the blade was in such beat up condition. By the time they filed out most of the nicks and cracks the tips of the serrations had been filed almost completely away. I was furious that the company hadn't stood behind this expensive knife, as faulty craftsmanship is the only explanation for the condition the knife was in after such a short amount of time. I will never purchase another Henckels knife again simply because the customer service was so terrible and it seems so unfair that I am stuck with this piece of junk knife. Complete waste of of money.

Buy Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 8-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Bread Knife Now

Excellent ability to cut breads. Only drawback is that it's a bit too long for our knife block. Just double check on the length of your knife block if this concerns you.

Read Best Reviews of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 8-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Bread Knife Here

When I was washing the knife I noticed that the fine edge on the serrations had bent over to the non-scalloped side of the blade. I guess i found this a little irritating since i spent a fortune on this knife. It cuts bread fine, but i would not purchase again if i had the choice.

Want Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 8-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Bread Knife Discount?

They shouldn't call this a bread knife, they should call it the Everything knife. The ultra-sharp steel saws through just about everything...I use it as my carving knife for meats, and it has held up without any problems for more than two years so far.

The design is beautiful, the weight has a solid, heavy feeling, and you can wash them in the dishwasher. This is a classic design that will last for years and years.

Save 21% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment