Wusthof 5-in. Gourmet Sandwich Spreader.

Wusthof 5-in. Gourmet Sandwich Spreader.This Wusthof "spreader" combines a serrated bread knife with a spreader head. The knife edge side has serrated pointed teeth like a bread or tomato knife which makes it easier for me when I cut sandwiches, slice bagels, slice crusty rolls, and even slice tomatoes. The knife/spreader is just under 9 ½" long (from the tip of the blade to the end of the handle). The blade is both longer (just under 4 ¾") and the head of the knife is wider (just under 1 ¾" at its widest) than the spreader knife I use. There is just under 3 ¼" of serrations from the lower tip of the front of the knife going back to the handle. And the remaining edge is a straight knife blade that is a little over 1 ¾" long. Because this knife has no pointed tip, it takes just a bit of patience to carefully make that first opening in a bagel or roll before I can really begin slicing. Because this knife has sharp edges, use care if you have young kids helping to make sandwiches.

I prefer to put on spread using the non-serrated side of the knife but I'll have to keep the serrated side of the knife in mind when I put icing on things like cupcakes to put on fancy swirls.

This Wusthof's Gourmet knife has what I'll call a full half tang. Huh? I can see a full tang on top of the handle while the bottom of the handle has no exposed tang. I'm guessing this gives the knife strength and me control when cutting. I like the fit between the tang and the handle: there is no gap just like any better quality knife.

The instruction on the back of the blister package says they recommend hand washing the knife. Heck, it even recommends storing this knife in a knife block or basically treating the knife like it's a cutlery knife. So I wash this knife by hand and I use a knife guard to store this knife in my knife drawer.

PROS:

Combines a tomato/bread knife with a spreader so you can use one knife for making sandwiches or preparing your morning bagels.

A larger head means less scooping from a jar and fewer strokes to put on spread.

The longer blade means you can reach the bottom of most jars.

CONS

The wider head may make it difficult to get into some jar necks when compared with other spreaders.

If you look around, most sandwich spreaders are small, frumpy blades that are made for little more than buttering a muffin. Not this Wusthof, which includes its classic handle design along with a strong sharply serrated blade that flexes slightly. As usual, Amazon has the dimensions wrong. This knife measures 9.25 inches long and its blade is 2" wide. You're not cheated on handle length either; it's the same as other classic Wusthof knives. That means it can reach to the bottom of most jars with ease. If you've never had a spreader around the house, you're in for a treat. It's a tool you will use for the rest of your life, and one of these Wusthof spreaders will last that long. Don't leave them soaking in water nor submit them to the dishwasher; they clean quickly and easily, then wipe dry.

Buy Wusthof 5-in. Gourmet Sandwich Spreader. Now

I purchased the Wusthof Gourmet block set and a few other Wusthof knives. I came across this sandwich spreader and it reminded me of when I used to work in a little deli in college so I purchased it. I have to say I use this for any spreading needs now, in place of using a butter knife. I have used it to spread butter, peanut butter, jellies, condiments, etc. It spreads better than a butter knife and the wider spreading area makes the job quicker. It is also serrated on one edge which allows for cutting toast etc. It is sharp enough on the serrated edge that I actually cut myself on it. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a new utensil for spreading that works better than a butter knife.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof 5-in. Gourmet Sandwich Spreader. Here

This little spreader makes spreading peanut butter, mayo etc so much easier and faster. The blade is short than a typical butter knife and certainly much wider so keeping the jam or whatever on the bread works very well. This certainly isn't a "need" item, but if you make a lot of sandwiches like we do in our household (peanut butter is food group for our boys) this little gadget will make life a little easier.

Want Wusthof 5-in. Gourmet Sandwich Spreader. Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment