Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set

Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware SetMy wife and I have spent a lot of money in our life time buying pots and pans. Some even claims "life Time Warranty" and cost triple the price, but nothing last a life time, not even close. When it was time to purchase another set, I did a lot of research (for days). Consumers Report, Amazon.com, etc. Earth Pan received very good reviews over all and it was safe (no PTFEs or PFOAs)we have young children.

The first few days, everything was fine. We read the instructions twice to make sure we followed everything to the letter.

Cons:

1. Non-stick: It still sticks, and depends on what you are cooking, cleaning up afterwards could still be time consuming.

2. Stainless steel handles gets very hot, so be careful, or get the plastic/rubber handle set.

3. Somehow when you get stains on the outside of the pots or pans, NO WAY of cleaning it off. I have research the internet and tried everything, and the stains are still there.

4. Like many other complaints about this set, yes, the pots are too small for everyday use. I agreed.

Pro:

1. Earth pan is well made and attractive.

2. Price is right.

If oneday the non-stick coating comes off (and they will, like all the other non sticks cookwares we ever own), I don't have to worry about harmful chemicals getting into our bodies (espically our kid's).

Update: 11/30/09

These pans are just as bad as the others. It sticks really bad after 3 months. I am so disappointed! Days of research and the "Consumers Report Rating" has not provided me with any satisfactions. Don't buy this. Really.

My husband is very cautious to read reviews before making 'major' purchases. He was very impressed with the reviews and the eco-friendly aspect of these pans therefore he bought the set for me for Christmas (on my request for new pans). I absolutely loved these at first. I made sure everyone in the hhouse knew how they were to be used and cared for so we could keep them like new as long as possible. About 6 months into owning them, one pan got ruined i think my teen-aged son sprayed cooking spray in it. There was absolutely nothing i could do to get it clean and have things not stick. Now its about 1 year later and the pan i use the most is sticking horribly. I am very dissappointed in these pans and hope that anyone who buys them doesnt get their expectations up too high. We are going with cast iron...tried and true easier to maintain, clean and more durable.

Buy Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set Now

My inlaws got these for us because Consumer Reports gave them an excellent rating. We liked the weight and overall quality, and loved the fact that they were made without hazardous chemicals. However, after less than 1 month of proper use, the smallest fry pan had lost its nonstick quality and the next size up was wearing too. We returned the pans and got the similarly priced Rachel Ray set instead. It's been 6 months and the Rachel Ray pans are still in perfect condition.

Read Best Reviews of Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set Here

We purchased these after a great deal of research. The pans arrived quickly and were packaged well. They are heavy and seem well-made. As for appearance they are very nice. The handles seem solid and the lids are tight fitting and heavy. I've read complaints about the pans being too heavy, but that's not something I feel is a bad thing. The non-stick coating works very well. Eggs, sauces, even oatmeal has not been a problem at all. I have not had any problems with denting or problems with the coating (although we follow directions quite closely, lest we ruin something because of our ineptitude). The conduct heat very well and you need to use a lower heat setting because of this. The use of vegetable oil is not recommended, so we haven't used it! My only problem with the set (and it was my own fault for not thinking) is the size of the saute pans. They are perfect for two, perhaps three people. But in our family of 4 they tend to be a bit small. The sizes were clearly stated and I should have paid more attention to them. The 8 qt stockpot is wonderful though and like the other saucepans tapers in towards the middle slightly which makes emptying them much easier. For an experienced chef these would probably not suffice, (but what chef would use non-stick?!?) but for home-style cooking with easy clean-up and an affordable price I don't really think you could go wrong with these.

Want Earth Pan 10-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set Discount?

I guess somehow I didn't get the same pan set as some of the folks who left negative feedback on this item. This Earth Pan set is excellent. After searching for a good, non toxic pan set on Consumer Reports, it was between this set, and the Starfrit. This set had more items, and a cheaper price, so I chose it. Boy am I happy I did. Nothing sticks, the heat is oh so evenly distributed, and it is a very attractive bunch of pans. The glass lids are key. Now, I listened to some of the other reviewers and kept a close eye on how much less heat these pans need to cook so I didn't have any burning or sticking issues. You can definitely use a little less heat than with your normal set. I highly recommend this setgreat cooking, great tasting food, and a little less pollution in the air, and your body. What could be better?

Save 30% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment