Kitchen knives are one of those things: you can basically spend as much as you want on them. However, sometimes spending more money doesn't guarantee you a better product. As always, do your research! I had been needing new kitchen knives for some time, and after researching the various brands out there, I determined that the Pure Komachi series were the best value for me. They are easy to purchase a la carte, which was a big selling point for me. I've had knife sets before, and I find that there are quite a few knives in the set I never use. Buying just the knives you will actually use is a good way to save a little money. I also really like that they are colorful. In addition to giving my kitchen a pretty splash of color (I have a magnetic knife bar, so the knives hang on the wall instead of being jammed in a drawer or knife block, which can dull the blades), the color also serves a useful purpose, by helping you avoid cross-contamination (for example, I always use the pink chef's knife for raw meat).
All in all, a good buy. To be fair, I'm sure you could probably use another reasonably sharp knife with great success on tomatoes and cheese. One downside I see to this knife is that it is only 4", and I've seen some whopping great tomatoes that this knife would be too small to slice. If you're being thrifty and strictly buying only the most basic, essential knives, you could probably skip this tomato/cheese knife and stick with the Pure Komachi 2 Series 6-Inch Serrated Multi-Utility Knife, since I think you'd probably get more mileage out of that one. That said, this knife really does a great job slicing tomatoes and cheese!
Buy Pure Komachi 2 Series Tomato/Cheese Knife Now
Normally I don't go in for serrated knives, but with tomatoes and onions the normal steel knives seem to dull so quickly. I've had this knife for 3 years and it has been fantastic. It still cuts very well, and I have never done anything to sharpen it!Read Best Reviews of Pure Komachi 2 Series Tomato/Cheese Knife Here
This is a very effective knife. I use it for slicing soft vegetables. It has a home on my (limited) counter due to its functionality but also the nice stand it comes with that keeps the knife clean, and out of harms way. Highly recommend for frequent cooks, and in particular for those that would rather view knives as largely disposable rather than make the effort to maintain the edge on top flight knives.Want Pure Komachi 2 Series Tomato/Cheese Knife Discount?
I've had this knife for more than two years and it's been a favorite since. It cuts like a dream and the forked top is great for starting a cut and for picking things off the cutting board. The tomato color is terrific, but you shouldn't consider it a gimmick this knife doesn't need them. I've since bought the three knives below from this set and they've all been great and the colors make them fun.Pure Komachi 2 Series Bread Knife
Pure Komachi 2 Series Scalloped Sandwich Knife
Pure Komachi 2 Series Chef's Knife


0 comments:
Post a Comment