Care: these are dishwasher safe but, as with all stainless, do not use a citrus dishwasher detergent or combine with silver or aluminum items. Also, you may see some scratches depending on your normal use (we tend to cut our meat by using a knife against the back of fork and have begun to see small scratches there from the knife blade). The Ginkgo website has a lot of useful tips on caring for stainless stemware.
Overall, I could not be happier with this product. The pattern is not that easy to find other than Ginkgo's website, only a few retailers carry it so if you see it, grab it!This set was actually selected by my brother for use in a house we're sharing in Anchorage this year. I was impressed when I saw them. The style is pleasing to the eye, not too feminine or floral, and certainly not too 'I got them for the deer camp' either. They're cool, and heavy. I really like the salad fork, for some reason, and the spoons have a more elliptical shape which is different. And all pieces have a great finish too. We've had the original set for six months and they all still look new.
So when my wife mentioned she'd like some new tableware this past Christmas, I thought these would be perfect... and they were... when I ordered them four months later. She loves them and it was a much better surprise when a box shows up at the door in April full of flatware... WTH? It was great!
While they may not get used for Thanksgiving she's very pleased to have them out any other time of the year. A great looking set and well made too. What more could you want in a fork?
Buy Ginkgo Varberg 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 4 Now
We got these as a wedding present a year ago, and so far they are excellent. This is our first Ginkgo flatware set, and we are very satisfied with them. You get 5 pieces for 4 place settings: 2 forks, a knife, and a large and small spoon. These are constructed of stamped thick-guage 18/10 stainless steel, which is the norm for flatware. The thickness of the steel makes them heavy and very resistant to bending. You can see the attention to detail in the finish as well. The stamping marks and grinding marks are barely visible unlike my Farberware set. The ends of the handles are rounded nicely, and the tops of the spoons are D-shaped. I really liked the size of the big spoons. They aren't huge and just right for good portions. The small spoons are a big on the small side though. The finish is very well done, polished to a mirror finish that has held up very well. There's no rusting that I can see either after a lot of use. These are a little spendy for 20 pieces, but you get what you pay for! These will probably outlast you!Pros:
Great finish
High quality construction
Very durable
Will last a very long time
Cons:
A little expensive
Read Best Reviews of Ginkgo Varberg 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 4 Here
I recently replaced all my flatware with this Ginko Varberg set. I'm thrilled with the weight, size, and feel when dining. I used to find that my previous flatware had an odd shape and dimension which made using the larger tablespoon and fork feel like I was eating with a garden trowel. The Ginko Varberg is sized very well and I have no problem using the tablespoon with cereal and so forth. The style is simple and sleek so this is an every day set that can also be used with fine china for special occasions.The only bummer with this set (this is the reason it didn't get 5 stars) is that on some of the pieces, it's stamped "CHINA" on the back. I don't think very many people would notice this, but seeing it's stamped on some of the flatware and not all makes me think Ginko Varbery could have omitted the stamp altogether.
Want Ginkgo Varberg 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 4 Discount?
I was a bit skeptical to purchase this set because of the many mixed reviews. I went with the majority who gave this 5 stars and purchased it. When it arrived I was amazed at the beautiful nicely weighted cutlery I received. It looks expensive, even my mom thought I spent a fortune on this set and when I showed her the price, she bought her own. This is a definite must have for persons who are on a budget.

0 comments:
Post a Comment