Buy Outset QB90 Rosewood Steak Knives; Set of 6 Now
What can you say about steak knives? Rarely do I have a need for 6 to be used at the same time, so it will take me a while to use these enough to test their sharpness over time. They cut meat & look nice.Read Best Reviews of Outset QB90 Rosewood Steak Knives; Set of 6 Here
We even put them in the dish washer even with their wooden handles ...and they come out just fine.Want Outset QB90 Rosewood Steak Knives; Set of 6 Discount?
An amazingly sturdy set of knives for an unbelievable price. I am an Engineer and I buy stuff that has to work and work well. I wanted the blades to be rigid enough to not flop and bend under a bit of pressure and these fit the bill perfectly.I spent a lot of time reading reviews and nowhere could I find actual measurements for things so here they are. The most important to me is the thickness of the blade and at 0.060" (1/16") it is more than rigid enough. At 8-7/8" long, they will fit nicely into an average 9"-long knife drawer. Exposed blade length is 4-1/2" and handle is a good sized full-handle at 4-3/8" long by 1/2' wide of a good fine grained hardwood.
The tang (blade part in the handle) is 2-1/8" into the handle and the two rivets go right through with well riveted heads both sides. Unlike a LOT of other knives here, the rivets are real. The thing to watch for on other knife descriptions is "bonded" even if they do show rivets, the "bonded" is a dead giveaway that they rivets are fake and the handle is glued to the blade.
The blade at it's widest it 11/16" with two third scalloped and one third plain. Both very sharp. Oh, and on the subject of "scalloped" and "sharp," scalloped blades CAN be sharpened. Just use a good hone stone and lay it flat on the edge-bevel on the back side and slide the stone back and forth the blade length.
The packaging warns about not soaking and no dishwasher and for a good reason. Good knife stainless steel will be barely borderline stainless, as the ideal knife steel is soft and thus the stainless alloy used is also soft. A soft steel will take the finest edge, but hold it less time (stay sharp) than harder and more durable stainless. Since it is a knife we are after and not an ornament, sharp and soft wins out for me.
I am ordering a bunch more for Christmas gifts! And, in case you are wondering, nope, I am not remotely associated with the knife company, the vendor or Amazon. Just one VERY happy customer.


0 comments:
Post a Comment