Jaccard 8 in. Advance Ceramic Chefs Knife

Jaccard Ceramic 8-Inch Chef's KnifeGot this knife for my wife for Xmas. She's a former chef (for 25 years), so we have a LOT of knives, and we have quite a range to compare this one to. Maybe we were expecting something that ceramic knives can't deliver, but I've always heard about how sharp they are. This knife is sharp (it's new so it'd better be) but not nearly as sharp as I was expecting for the price. We have middle-of-the-road steel knives that are W-A-Y sharper. I guess the main selling point is that it will stay sharp, since the documentation that came with it says if it ever gets dull you can send it back to the manufacturer to be sharpened for free. However, if you're looking for a knife with an exceptionally sharp, razor blade-like edge, this knife isn't it.

Adding this at a later date. The knife got dull almost immediately with minimal use. Sent it back to the company, and they were very professional about it. got the knife back about a month later. Much sharper, however, after about half a dozen strokes cutting vegetables on a standard polypropylene cutting board, the knife was again so dull, it wouldn't cut anything! I hope this isn't indicative of all ceramic knives.

We're attempting to get a refund.

Knives are one of the most common household items found in kitchens throughout the world, but a good knife is always hard to find. Jaccard's LX Series 200908 Advanced Ceramic 8" Chef's Knife with Protective Sheath is the most versatile ceramic knife I have ever used, and I have gone through a good many of them. It is a high-quality, high-performance kitchen knife developed for professionals and amateurs alike. What sets this one apart from the competition is the aerodynamic design of Jaccard's patented Zero-Resistance and Advanced Ceramic Technology Blade, which lasts up to 30% percent longer than standard ceramic knives and maintains its edge for up to 10 years. Independent benchmark tests have also also shown that Jaccard's LX Series knives to be slightly more chip-resistant than Kyocera's top-of-the line Kyotop. Cutting is a breeze and requires very little effort, which means less wear and tear on the blade itself. Although Jaccard ceramic knives are 15X harder than stainless steel, their rigid, non-flexible composite is recommended for use on fruits, vegetables, and soft boneless meats. Under normal and proper use, it will probably never require sharpening ever. It's also rust-resistant, and does not produce any metallic residue which may brown and alter the smell and taste of foods(YUCK!). So far, I've tried it on potatoes, lettuce, and pineapples, and it works like a charm. I was even able to slice off a piece of ham so thin that you could almost see right through it! I should also mention that the micro-thin blade is razor sharp, and I mean EXTREMELY SHARP, so do be careful. I accidentally nicked myself in the finger and took a piece of skin off while removing it from the packaging. :-( The comfortable grip on the beautifully designed handle is perfectly balaced and reduces fatique, making it quite suitable for repetitive cutting. What really impressed me was how much Jaccard stands behind all of their other products. This knife is covered by their exclusive "No Questions Asked" Lifetime Replacement Guarentee, replacing any damaged knife for life, even it it's your own fault. This also includes lifetime sharpening, should the need arise. No other ceramic knife company that I know of, not even Kyocera, offers this kind of support for their knives. Now, that's what I call service! As for the cost of the knife, prices can vary between $90-$120 depending on where you shop. This may seem a bit pricey, but is it justified? High quality, performance, an unparallelled lifetime guarantee + tougher edge than Kyocera at half the price, as well as being one of the best knives I have ever used, I would have to say YES! 5 OUT OF 5 STARS!

Buy Jaccard 8 in. Advance Ceramic Chefs Knife Now

Good handle cuts all the way down and leaves room for your fingers. I broke a blade in half cutting parsley off the stalk so be careful and always cut straight down as these blades are sharp but brittle. They did replace the whole knife though very quickly and no questions asked so I'll go back there

Read Best Reviews of Jaccard 8 in. Advance Ceramic Chefs Knife Here

Really wasn't as sharp as I thought it would have been. Nothing to write home about... Too expensive for what you get

Want Jaccard 8 in. Advance Ceramic Chefs Knife Discount?

Knife is sharp and cuts ok, but then all new knifes should. Case works ok. Item is not as pictured, the handle hilt (front Quillon) comes down below the blade so the knife cannot be rocked to chop or even cut all the way down when held parallel to cutting board. Seam on handle is split. Should have probably cost $30 instead of $65.

Save 46% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment