WMF Clever and More Waiters Knife

WMF Clever and More Waiters KnifeThis waiter's knife looks beautiful (as do all of WMF's products) and works well, but be careful with it! The knife/foil cutter hidden in the side sticks a bit, and is hard to pull out and push back in. Maybe I just got one that was tightened too much? Not sure. It is VERY sharp and once you muscle it closed it snaps shut with some power, and as a result I got a pretty serious gash on my finger the first time using it. Not ideal, but since then I have used it several times for opening wine bottles and it performs as expected and looks great in my utensil drawer with my other WMF products. I've just stayed away from the foil cutter!

I'm a big fan of WMF tableware, kitchenware, wineware, etc. I simply love the sensational design an good quality that is this german brand.

For those who cares, now WMF seems to produce almost everything in China or Korea but even when they are a little bit more lighter than before, they are almost as useful and pretty as before, not to mention durable!

The stainless steel they use is by far one of the most durable you can find for cheap to not so expensive kitchen,table,wine ware. I really recommend this waiters knife. Also looks veeeeeery elegant and well made.

Thanks for reading!!

JP

Buy WMF Clever and More Waiters Knife Now

Better make sure you don't screw into the cork at an angle or it can bend the screw sideways. The handle is very solid; the screw itself and/or the hinge with the handle not so much. I have a similar Oneida that is slightly larger and has never bent -no matter how much torque I put on it.

Read Best Reviews of WMF Clever and More Waiters Knife Here

Nice-looking but isn't very comfortable in the hand I find the edges of the handle are too sharply squared-off to be comfortable. They really ought to be a bit rounded. I also find that the angle of the lever that contacts the rim of the bottle is a bit off (at least it is on the one I received) and doesn't sit flat on the bottle lip this can (and does) cause chips in the bottle if you aren't very careful.

Want WMF Clever and More Waiters Knife Discount?

I was actually searching for garlic press and somehow ran into this tool by WMF. Very impressed by their other stuff from Google search so I ordered one to start my WMF collection. After receiving it, I put it in dishwasher to see if it will rust as I have found out that some less stainless steel ware can get rusted due to low quality SS used or the regular steel residual from the manufacture process. It stays stainless, works well, and feels heavy and sturdy. Excellent tool at such inexpensive price -made possible by the "Made in China" sticker. If they can revise the foil cutter of this tool into a can opener, even a so-so one, that will make this knife perfect. It is great for what it is now so I give it 5 stars.

For those who care, Silit subsidiary of WMF makes most elegant yet simple and sturdy garlic press and wine bottle opener, too bad Amazon doesn't carry them yet, only their cookware including Wok which I also have high regard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment