Zwilling JA Henckels TWIN Pro-S Classic Parer

Professional S 3' Paring KnifeWhile visiting friends in KC, I happened to try their Henckels 4-star knives and was amazed at their sharpness, balance, and comfort. I immediately decided I NEEDED to get a set of these knives.

I quickly settled on the 4-star chef's and fillet knives, but tried paring knife after paring knife without finding one that really felt right. The 4-star handle is great on the big knives (where one grips the handle with the entire hand), but didn't feel right on the paring knife; it felt like my pinky was in limbo, not meant to be on the handle, but not meant to be off it, either.

Then I tried THIS knife. The Pro-S 3" paring knife just felt *right* it fit perfectly, it had just the right heft, and it was far more agile than the longer 4" knives. I've had it for six months and it performs exactly as I expected it to; this knife is just a joy to use.

I love the thing, but you'll probably want to do exactly as I did, trying a number of high-quality knives to find the one that feels right to you.

Henckels is the best quality if you stick to their Pro series. Skip their International line. This paring knife will last forever and fits well in the hands of both me and my much larger housemate. Holds it's edge well. Good tools make the job go well!

Buy Zwilling JA Henckels TWIN Pro-S Classic Parer Now

This knife was a Christmas present, and a replacement to a Forschner 5" utility knife that got lost (probably in the trash).

The Henckels Twin Pro S line are great knives. Professional quality stuff here including features like high-carbon, no-stain steel, drop-forged construction, triple rivets, full bolsters, full tang, and POM handles. It's weighted well, and feels good in the hand and pretty controllable for a 4" knife. The blade is long enough to use as a utility/sandwhich knife.

So far after 9 years it's been a good knife. It came from the box sharp and held it's edge for a good while before I sharpened it. The steel takes a great edge, and stays sharp for a while, but still needs to be re-sharpened after about a month of continuous use. This is respectable, but not great, especially for a knife costing $50.

I am impressed with the quality of this knife...no gaps anywhere between the handle, rivets, tang, or bolster and its balance.

However, I am not particularly impressed with the steel. It hasn't stained or discolored in 9 years, which is what I expected, but fell short of my expectations of edge-holding and ease of sharpening (I use diamond sharpeners). The angle of the edge from the factory was also over 20 degrees, which is too tall for kitchen cutlery. I compared this to my Forschner rosewood handled paring knives ($40 for a set of 3, 3" straight, serrated, and 4" utility), and the performance is so close that I wouldn't justify spending $50 on this knife. The Forschners are stamped knives, and performed very well for a fraction of the cost.

If you are looking for a good paring/utility knife, and have money to spend, then this will work very well.

Read Best Reviews of Zwilling JA Henckels TWIN Pro-S Classic Parer Here

I bought this thinking I'd be happier with it than a shorter paring knife, but I think that may have been an error. The blade itself is sharp and cuts nearly anything, but I find I use it minimally. Its too big for any high detail work, where I find myself fumbling and too small for any rougher work, where I endlessly reach for my santoku knife.

Remarkably, the only area I've found it highly effective for me is for sandwich making, where I previously used my santoku and a dinner knife. It can easily work its way through an onion or any other vegetable you'd want on the sandwich and allow for more simple tasks (like spreading condiments, cutting the sandwich, etc.) due to its nice length.

Want Zwilling JA Henckels TWIN Pro-S Classic Parer Discount?

I bought this knife as a replacement for an older cheap one I had. I would say this knife is worth the money. Very sharp and it looks like it will last a very long time.

Save 23% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment