Wusthof Classic Ikon Panini Knife, Black

Wusthof Classic Ikon Panini Knife, BlackAs a working chef, I have seen offset serrated knives come to dominate the workplace in the last 15 years. They are used by most prep cooks instead of a chef's knife for primary work. It is in that light that I found this knife wanting. The build quality and ergonomics are very good, every bit what I expect from Wustoff, and if you only use it to cut sandwiches, you will never have a problem.

But the alloy is too soft and it isn't sharp enough. On a straight edge knife, I'd adjust the edge myself, but that's a practical impossibility for scallop serrations. It deforms very quickly on contact with plastic cutting boards -which means you cannot slice things very long before it dulls. To pay over $100 for a knife that dulls so fast and has only limited ability to be steeled is damning.

I would recommend shoppers go past this and look for products using VG10 or powdered steel cores like SG2.

Save 13% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment