Victorinox 11-Piece Knife Set with Block, Rosewood Handles

Victorinox 11-Piece Knife Set with Block, Rosewood HandlesWe are happy with this purchase. The knives are very light and very sharp. We are replacing a cheap set so this is a treat.

After doing a lot of research into knives, I found that many sites recommend the Victorinox Forschner knives. Taking that recommendation, I suggested that this rosewood set would make a nice Christmas gift. It turns out I was wrong. When opening the box, my first thought was, "someone is selling knock-off knives branded as Victorinox". One of the steak knives was in where the paring knife should go so I swapped them and noticed that because the slot for the small paring knife is so large, the knife tilts down out of line with all the other knives. I can see why maybe someone swapped the knives in the first place because the steak knife slots are too small and you can feel the serrations cutting into the wood just trying to insert them. Then once you do get the steak knives into their slots, they still stick out leaving about 1cm of the blade exposed. The angle of the wood handle is not in line with the angle of the block so on top of these other issues they make this set look like I got it for $20 at a garage sale. The 10" slicer had a gouge on it and the handle of the steel is a different shade from the rest of the knives.

I haven't bothered using them since they look so bad so I can't comment on the quality of the steel. I'm setting up a return ASAP. I've posted a few user images for this product as well to illustrate these issues. Maybe quality control just missed this one but if you're looking at these knives you might want to think twice. Maybe the ones with the Fibrox handles won't have all these problems.

Buy Victorinox 11-Piece Knife Set with Block, Rosewood Handles Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment