WMF Manaos/Bistro 50-Piece Fall Flatware Set, Service for 8

WMF Manaos/Bistro 50-Piece Fall Flatware Set, Service for 8The items (forks/spoons/knives/etc.) were thrown into an unsealed/unlabeled box. See attached image.

I bought this as a gift and it looks like I stole them from a restaurant.

A nearly $600 set with NO packaging. Even $20 bargain sets are packaged. Shame.

I recently picked up the WMF Manaos/Bistro 50 piece flatware set as part of a lighting deal, and I'm very glad that I did. Included in the set are 8 of the following; soup spoons, tablespoons, teaspoons, dinner forks, salad forks, and butter knives. Also included are two salad serving spoons. The utensils are packed in a plain cardboard box with each piece individually wrapped in plastic.

The Quality of the pieces is very high. They have a nice weight to them, and are well balanced in the hand. The tines on all of the forks are nicely lined up, and the knives have a very sharp non-serated edge. The high polished chrome is bright and brilliant and the pieces all survived multiples runs in the dishwasher without problem.

Design wise the Manaos/Bistro pieces are very simple with little flourish. Indeed, while some may find them a bit plain I appreciated the subtle bevel on the end of the handles and the elegant and smoothly contoured handles that narrow towards the middle.

All in all... an excellent and durable set of elegant flatware.

Buy WMF Manaos/Bistro 50-Piece Fall Flatware Set, Service for 8 Now

I just received my WMF Manaos/Bistro 50-Piece Fall Flatware Set, Service for 8. It comes in a simple box but each item is bagged/protected in an individual plastic bag.

Having already a WMF set, I became suspicious of the weight and the quality while unpacking. Hitting my "old" knife and the new knife slightly on the counter, sounds were completely different. I noted that the new knifes have no serrate although the knife on the picture seems to have.

I bought also other itens to complete above set, like a second serving spoon, a source ladle, ice cream spoons; all Bistro/Manaos. Most of the pieces are made in Vietnam, others in China. On some items the stamp even says: WMF ...Vietnam. One serving spoon made in China, the other one in Vietnam...and you can see and feel the difference!!!

My opinion: I am quite disappointed! Thought I would get quality made in Germany, like my old set. But for day-to-day, it might be OK; even without the serrate. I will let my wife decide if we return the product to Amazon.

Read Best Reviews of WMF Manaos/Bistro 50-Piece Fall Flatware Set, Service for 8 Here

We've had the same flatware for years, and when this set on amazon went on sale I decided to buy it. The WMF is functional and elegant. I'm really happy with the design and function.

Want WMF Manaos/Bistro 50-Piece Fall Flatware Set, Service for 8 Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment