OXO Good Grips Professional 8-Inch Chef Knife

OXO Good Grips Professional 8-Inch Chef KnifeThis is an unpretentious, capable tool that is likely to get lost between $5 ginsus and $240 Shuns. It is comfortable to use, has reasonably good steel, and is balanced well. It is a good using knife and the attractive price just sweetens the deal. Do the math--a solid tool for $20 something, or a bit more weight and marketing for $120 to $240.

I am a bit of a tool nut, and I own German Wusthoff, French Sabatier and Calphalon knives made with German steel. They are fine knives, but let's face it, they can't do anything the good grips knife can't. Yes, a bit more weight comes in handy when you're doing serious chopping for hours on end, but I try to avoid that. I also favor a 10" cooks knife, but most opt for the 8" model. This is an ideal primary knife for a new cook who is ready to go, but too smart to drop a bundle on a brand name.

Rust has not been a concern, but I keep my blades clean. I don't throw them in the dishwasher and I steel them often.

I am a Chef Instructor at a training facility. I use these knives as a graduation present for my students. They have a good weight, shape and an ergonomic handle. OXO is a fantastic company. I SWEAR by their tongs! They rock. I have never been dissapointed by this line for the value and price. If you want to keep your knives sharp, NEVER put them in the dishwasher. Hand wash only!

Buy OXO Good Grips Professional 8-Inch Chef Knife Now

I LOVE THIS KNIFE!!!! Actually I have at lease six of the OXO knives and I love them all. They are lightweight and sharp which makes them a breeze to use. The no-slip grip is amazing even when your hand is covered with butter. It doesn't slip. In addition OXO offers 100% satisfaction guarantee. I had one break away from the handle and they replaced it FREE OF CHARGE even after I told them the knife was 8 years old. This is a can't miss product from a can't miss company. I highly recommend these knives.

Read Best Reviews of OXO Good Grips Professional 8-Inch Chef Knife Here

This is a great knife good balance, good feel in the hand (the grip is excellent). It is an outstanding value for the price.

But, like all good knives, you MUST take care of it to maintain sharpness. Clean and dry it (by hand) immediately after each use. Don't even THINK about putting it in the dishwasher. It is preferable to use it on a softer cutting surface (like wood).

Take care of this knife and it will take care of you. It will hold a sharp edge without frequent sharpening.

Want OXO Good Grips Professional 8-Inch Chef Knife Discount?

I bought the "block set", but I use this knife way more than any of the others. I has great balance, stays sharp, and feels great in my hand. I Never put it in the dishwasher (no quality knife should ever go in the dishwaher). I frequently put a few strokes on the round steel that came with the block, and it's back to razor sharp.

After 2 years of use, I can't see any reason to spend more on a more expensive brand, which is why I'm buying another one for my mother-in-law.

0 comments:

Post a Comment