Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Bread Knife

Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Bread KnifeThere are really two main competitors in the high-end mainstream kitchen knife market: Henckels and Wusthof. Those who have used both usually have a preference. My preference (and therefore bias you should know about) is for the Wusthofs.

The Wusthof Classic line is the more conservative counterpart to the Grand Prix line. The only difference, however, is the handle style. I personally prefer the Grand Prix, but this is an issue of personal preference. The balance and grip of these knives are as close to perfect as I have found. For those wondering what benefits a higher priced knife provides, one benefit is that the blade (or tang) is one piece all the way through the handle. This makes the blade much stronger, and less likely to snap.

This particular model, the 8 inch bread knife, is a great knife. Many people think tomatoes are the hardest food items to clearly cut. I think bread is much more difficult; but this knife makes the task seem easy. My only quibble is the length. I find the 9 inch bread knife to be a better length for most loaves of bread.

I recommend the Wusthof 8" bread knife, but I would try out the 8 inch and the 9 inch to see which you prefer.

You can only slice crunchy crusts with a serrated blade. So obviously this is your best bet for slicing bread. But, I use my Wusthof Bread knife for cutting frozen meats and it works great for that too.

High quality steel ( x50 Cr Mo 15), high production standards. Comfortable, "familiar" Wusthof Classic 3 rivet handle construction, with a stiff backed forged blade with sturdy weight and balance for multiple uses in the kitchen.

John Row

Buy Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Bread Knife Now

I am very happy with this knife. It is flexible enough for cutting a loaf of thick-crusted bread, and the serrations are still sharp after two years of constant use. No kitchen should be without it.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Bread Knife Here

This knife is awesome for bread. Besides the fact that it is ten times easier to cut bread with a bread knife, its saves your cutting knives from getting dull. this is a must. Its a little pricey but cuts threw bread like it is butter

Want Wusthof Classic 8-Inch Bread Knife Discount?

A few months ago my wife and I bought a 3-knife set of Wusthof classic knifes and were really impressed by their performance. When we needed a new bread knife we decide to fork down the extra money and get a matching knife for our set. And we were blown away.

First, the Wusthof quality and feel of this knife is great. It just feels right in your hand. I can't quire explain it in words, but I would say that it just 'feels right'.

Additionally, the knifes we had before were cheap off-brand knives. For this knife, you barely have to slide it across the bread and it just cuts through. No real effort needed. Even for breads that are a little more elastic, it just goes through (like a knife through butter :P).

The one negative I would give it is that it does not come with a sleeve for the knife, and that there is not really a matching sleeve for it. I bought this: Wusthof blade guard 8 carver and it fits relatively well (not a 100% fit since the bread knife has a slight curve to it).

Either way, I am a huge Wusthof fan and would recommend this highly.

Save 25% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment