Sabatier 10 Inch Forged Stainless Chef Knife made in France

Sabatier 10 Inch Forged Stainless Chef Knife made in FranceAbout 35 years ago my Dad gave me a 10" Stainless Sabatier Chef knife. I have been using it ever since and it is my go to kitchen knife. I like the relatively straight edge on the blade which is great for slicing. (If you like to rock your knife on the curve of the blade when chopping you might consider a different style of chef knife.) I also have a couple of smaller Sabatier chef knives made from high carbon steel which is the more common steel for Sabatier knives and which is preferred by many. I use these much less frequently partly because I like the 10" size better and partly because of the increased care they require because they are not stainless. They must be carefully dried after each use or they rust. Because they get used less, it is difficult for me to say if the high carbon steel holds a better edge then the stainless or not but I can't tell much difference in how sharp I am able to get the high carbon steel vs the stainless steel. When I am done sharpening them, they are all razor sharp.

I recently bought a second home and I bought a set of well rated but cheaper knives (Victorinox). They worked but I was badly missing my Sabatier. I purchased this knife and now my new kitchen feels like home. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and this is a great knife which is practically identical to my other knife. If you want great quality but not great maintenance, then this stainless Sabatier is the way to go.

The seller shipped this product promptly and the price is excellent.

Save 38% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment