Misono UX10 Gyutou

Misono UX10 GyutouI've been a prep cook for 7 yrs. and have used different knives and this knife is great. Lightweight, sharp, flexible. Easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone. Expensive, but any quality knife is, if your willing to spend the money it is worth it for sure.

I bought my Misono directly from Korin Knives in NYC in 2008 (when I was working as a chef in the city), and it has been my favorite knife ever since! I have tried Global, Wusthof, JA Henckels, Shun, and others, and none of them are as sharp as Misono. The others are good, and definitely have their uses, but will never be as sharp.

Pros:

Super sharp

Flexible

Lightweight

Has a nice feel in the hand

Designed especially for lefties as well! The default is for righties.

Cons:

This knife is meant for vegetable/fruit preparation ONLY! It will chip if used to butcher chicken/fish with hard bones. Trust me, one of the guys in the restaurant I worked at used my knife one day to butcher a chicken, and when I got back from the prep kitchen, there were several nicks in the blade. It took me a while to sharpen them out (plus, that wastes the metal in the blade).

You really need to know how to properly care for this knife. It requires learning how to sharpen by hand with a Japanese whetstone.

Overall, this is an amazing knife, and well-worth the money. You just need to be committed to sharpening it properly and be sure not to use it for anything but fruit, veggies, nuts, sushi, etc... (nothing bone-hard).

Buy Misono UX10 Gyutou Now

8.2 " this is a workhorse knife great for the line and mis en place. Very quick and sharp. A great value for the professional chef.

Read Best Reviews of Misono UX10 Gyutou Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment