Farberware Pro Forged 5-Inch Chef's Knife, black handle

Farberware Pro Forged 5-Inch Chef's Knife, black handleI'm actually quite amazed at the quality of these "Pro Forged" knives from Farberware. I found the 8" version of the Chef knife on closeout in a discount store for $5, and got it just to have a beater knife to toss in the camping gear kitchen set. Now, I've got to admit that I'm something of a knife snob. My kitchen has a ridiculous number of knives including numerous examples from some of the finest German and Japanese manufacturers. I needed another chef knife like I need more clutter. But, this Chinese made cheap chef's knife sharpened up very well and seems to be made of a much higher quality steel than I've ever seen in a knife this cheap. The handle is big and squarish and it fits my large hands better than many of the pricier name-brand chef's knives in my collection. I'm very impressed.

This Farberware 5" chef's knife is just the right size and weight for general use in my kitchen. It retains it's sharp edge well and is easy to sharpen when it gets dull. It doesn't have the heft that a discontinued Farberware 5" chef's knife has, but is still one of a very few knives I reach for on a regular basis. The 5" length is long enough for most chopping jobs and not cumbersome like an 8" blade is. I'll probably buy another one as a gift!

Buy Farberware Pro Forged 5-Inch Chef's Knife, black handle Now

I used five star Henckels for twenty years until my recent divorce. This is no Henckel, but it's sweet knife for the price. The balance isn't perfect, but it's pretty close. This is almost a real chef's knife for almost nothing. Not bad at all. An insane value for the price.

Read Best Reviews of Farberware Pro Forged 5-Inch Chef's Knife, black handle Here

Farberware makes an outstanding "pro forged 6 inch chef's knife" with a sturdy black handle that's truly easy to hold onto; you never feel that you're going to accidentally let this knife slip out of your control. It just plain feels like it is well made and I hear from my friends that Farberware knives last practically forever.

This knife does indeed have a strong, full tang. It is quite sharp (be careful when handling this) and unlike another of the reviewers here I found it to be sharp enough for my uses on the very first try. Of course you can sharpen it if you want to make it even sharper; that's up to you. This knife makes it child's play to cut meat, skin off chicken (dietary restriction for me) and even small particles of fat within the meat of a steak or a piece of chicken so that you only get the meat--awesome!

I don't see why you couldn't wash this knife in a dishwasher; it certainly seems to be in every way dishwasher safe.

Overall, this is one low-maintenance extra sharp kitchen knife from Farberware and I highly recommend it. If you can, buy the knife on this website as the price I paid in a local store was three dollars more than the current advertised price!

Great job as usual, Farberware!

Want Farberware Pro Forged 5-Inch Chef's Knife, black handle Discount?

I like this knife for the way it stays sharp, even after many uses. It holds an edge very well.

Save 47% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment