Core Bamboo Classic 14-Piece Kitchen Utensil Set, Natural

Core Bamboo Classic 14-Piece Kitchen Utensil Set, Natural(2008 HOLIDAY TEAM) Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program I made the switch to bamboo for my kitchen spoons (can we still call them wooden spoons? Because, ya know, bamboo isn't technically "wood.") a few years back and I have been thrilled with them. There is really no reason not to use bamboo--as a fast-growing grass bamboo is an ecologically sound material, bamboo utensils work just as well as their wooden counterparts, and they look great. And to be honest, I like to have a pretty kitchen, so the "looks great" part matters to me.

But it isn't everything. Which leads me to this "Core Bamboo Classic 14-Piece Kitchen Utensil Set, Natural." They look great. The bamboo caddy is very sleek, and an attractive way to keep your spoons organized and easy to reach. I like having it on my counter and the set is a nice addition to my kitchen.

The utensils, on the other hand--I own quite a few bamboo utensils, and these are the most rough-hewn, cheaply-made ones I have ever seen. I was surprised by them. They look unfinished, like they skipped the step in the processing where you smooth down the edges and apply a polish. There are even splinters. I don't understand that. In my years of buying bamboo utensils, even down to the cheapest bulk sets, I have never seen splinters.

To be fair, you get a lot of utensils for a cheap price--13 pieces in all, this is pretty much the classic wooden utensil set, plus a bizarre pair of bamboo salad tongs--but it is quantity over quality. The shaping of the tools is as poor as the finishing. You won't be able to flip anything other than a burger with this club of a spatula, and the tongs are more frustrating than useful If all you want is to stir or scrape a pot, or some task that requires no finesse, then these will work just fine. But I don't have high hopes for their longevity.

This set isn't horrible. Like I said, I like the caddy, which has a much more finished look to it than the utensils themselves. And you get a bunch of utensils. It might work for someone just starting out who wants a bunch of cheap-quality utensils at a fair price, knowing full well they will end up in the trash heap in a few years. I have tossed most of these utensils into my "use for camping" stash of cheap kitchen supplies, but the caddy still looks nice with different, better quality spoons.

Ultimately, there are many, many better sets out there at a similar price. So I personally recommend giving these a miss and shopping around for something better.

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program This 14 piece set (13 utensils and 1 caddy) is 100% organic bamboo which is great because its a natural resource and its not a tree. It looks fantastic on the counter top but each utensil has a hole in the bottom so it can also be hung up.

Someone noted that the caddy bottom is not attached, well since mine was I'm going to advise that if it arrives unattached its probably broken and you should call customer service.

I love cooking with wooden utensils and I like bamboo a lot better. Its less absorbent which is important so that it doesn't absorb any food product. You need to hand wash them. Placement in the dish washer, microwave or prolonged soaking is not recommend. That's ok with me but is something to consider for others. The box also shows you what each piece is called and I'm very sure ill use them all. All the utensils are curved as well to make them easier to use.

Overall a great set for anyone regardless if your new in the kitchen, an experienced chef or somewhere in between. Highly recommend!

Buy Core Bamboo Classic 14-Piece Kitchen Utensil Set, Natural Now

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program We spend a lot of time in the kitchen around our house, so a good set of cooking/serving utensils is invaluable. Up until recently we've only had a random assortment of mismatched utensils making it a constant search through the drawer looking for the right one. Enter the "Core Bamboo Classic 14-Piece Kitchen Utensil Set, Natural." Here are my thoughts;

The set includes the following utensils;

Spatula

Slotted Stir-fry Spatula

Pointed Spatula

Slotted Pointed Spatula

Spork

Medium Spoon

Large Spoon

Slotted Spoon

Perforated Spatula

Slotted Spatula

Tongs

Pasta Paddle

Turner

Utensil Caddy

Pros

+ 100% organically grown bamboo.

+ A lot of utensils for the price.

+ Simple look and natural design.

+ Bamboo construction has multiple benefits such as being lighter, less absorbent, less abrasive on your pots/pans and better for the environment.

Cons

Sides can dent easily if you're not careful.

Utensils are poorly finished/treated and can contain splinters.

Some natural imperfections in the wood. For example my slotted spatula's has a worn and thinned area right at the tip making future cracking a probability. The tip of my medium spoon has already chipped most likely due to heat/scraping on the bottom of a pan.

Not microwave or dishwasher safe.

The "Core Bamboo Classic 14-Piece Kitchen Utensil Set, Natural" is a basic but useful set of utensils. While this set has its flaws you get a generous amount of utensils for the asking price. It was definitely a welcome and much needed addition to our kitchen.

Read Best Reviews of Core Bamboo Classic 14-Piece Kitchen Utensil Set, Natural Here

I purchased these about 2 months ago and they have held up well for me so far. I primarily use the spoons and the pasta fork. They are hand wash only, which is the only drawback for me. I really like the way it looks on the counter, and so far I am really happy with this purchase.

Want Core Bamboo Classic 14-Piece Kitchen Utensil Set, Natural Discount?

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program 2012-Nov-06

Bamboo is tough stuff and is very durable in a wide range of applications. Core Bamboo Classic 14-Piece Kitchen Utensil Set, Natural is a very nice-looking set of kitchen utensils. No question about it. The handles are comfortable to hold with my big 'ol paws. The bamboo holder is nicely done. If there is any simple way to sequester atmospheric carbon, it is to make stuff out of bamboo a totally renewable resource. >>>End of positive review.

Save 38% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment