Core Bamboo Aster Collection Bamboo Cutting Board with Non Slip Grip

Core Bamboo Corner Grip Cutting Board MediumI bought this cutting board because the cutting board I currently have for cutting meat slips on our counter. This cutting board has non-slip grips in the four corners, and this part of the board works great. The board is very sturdy and doesn't move when cutting things. What I don't like about the board is the juice groove is not deep enough to be effective for its job. I needed something for cutting meat after grilling. Since we like our meat on the rare side we need the cutting board to have a juice groove deep enough to catch the juices. This board's groove was very shallow. It was more decorative than functional. If you don't need the juice groove feature then I'd recommend the board. Otherwise I'd look for a different board.

I've had my cutting board from Core Bamboo now for a few days. I've oiled it up, front and back. Now I am ready to use. I rated it 4 stars and not 5 only because I feel the price of this board is a little much. But it seemed like it was the only one that had all of the features we wanted, dual surfaces and and the 18x14 size. I will wait to see how it holds up in the next few months as my wife and I use it.

The green rubber feet work well to keep the board stable and off of the counter surface. I am happy to have a board where I have two surfaces to use! One flat and the other with a drip groove to collect the juices. Actually the rubber feet they use are a ingenious design. I wonder if they will give any problems down the road... I'm worried they may dry and crack or something. Again, only time will tell.

Overall I am very pleased, the size is perfect for us next to our sink, and over all it seems very well put together.

I'll report back and update my review if I have any major problems with the board.

4/21/2012: This cutting board is great. It's still going strong and a year and a half later it still looks great. I oil it about every 3 or 4 months and it comes back to live wonderfully. Rubber corner grips look the same as the day we first got it. I have no concerns now about the ability of this board to hold up over time. We use it everyday, several times a day in our busy home.

It has a few cutting marks in it but nothing severe. I would say that we will use this for at least several more years to come.

If it is the size you want or need, Buy It! By the way, they're customer service is, courteous and responsive as well!

Buy Core Bamboo Aster Collection Bamboo Cutting Board with Non Slip Grip Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment