Black Ornate Handles 5 piece place setting cutlery set, French design

Black Ornate Handles 5 piece place setting cutlery set, French designWe bought this set in Ivory.

This set is the biggest rip off I've every experienced when dealing with a company. I'm out nearly $400 dollars. Just two people using the set for approximately one year. A fine set if you like throwing away your money.

My wife and I spent over $300 on a full set of the Ivory Colored set. They do look and feel great, but unfortunately they will no hold up to very light everday usage. Even the serving pieces will crack.

We now have 9 pieces that have cracked outsides after fairly light usage. I contacted customer service and this is the response I received:

"Hi Andrew,

I can understand your frustration, but at this time there is nothing we can do. The set you purchased is not a Laguiole set so it is comparing apples to oranges in terms of the pricing and quality of what you had purchased.

Regards,

Cheryl

Customer Service Manager"

My response is actually it is not Apples to Oranges, I paid almost $400, so how exactly is that nothing. BTW, thanks for nothing, YOU'VE LOST A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE. I'd even be surprised if you leave my very negative experience and review on your site, but it shall remain on Amazon since you have no control over here!

---------

I also wanted to add, that I will soon be posting pictures of the 9 items that have already cracked. In addition to Cracking, some of the items are showing rust and on one the metal ornament on the handle fell off.

These are not full tang, meaning they metal from the utensil stops as the plastic part. This means that in addition, to cracking and rusting; you can expect all your utensils to eventually start wobbling.

I had different expectations than the other reviewer. I bought a set of 12 place settings and serving pieces two years ago but I use them only occasionally. These pieces look gorgeous on the table and feel sturdy in the hand. The knives are nice and sharp and cut meat easily. For this reason I'm back to buy more place settings for a buffet.

Because of the wear and tear that daily use wreaks on tableware, I choose not to use resin as my everyday set. We tried it years ago with a DuBost set from Sur La Table with mixed results.

The Comptoire set doesn't have a full tang and probably will eventually wobble. For this reason I hand wash them we have other resin Laguiole cutlery and have noticed that over the years even they don't stand up to the dishwasher for a sustained period of time. We've had not cracking, chipping or metal erosion at this point. They've worked well for us.

Buy Black Ornate Handles 5 piece place setting cutlery set, French design Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment