W�sthof Classic 8-Piece Knife Set in Block

W�sthof Classic 8-Piece Knife Set in BlockI recently became a homeowner and decided a "decent" set of knives was needed. I'm no chef, so I never really tried good knives--old cheap ones were what was available at the places I lived and that's what I used. Now, I can't imagine trying to cook and not using good steal like this! They feel great in my hand and I never struggle to accomplish any task in the kitchen.

Buying advice: Amazon sells this set for $299 like everybody else. You can get them for that price almost anywhere. So use a coupon and get a discount from the $299 price elsewhere. I used a 20% off coupon at Bed, Bath & Beyond and ended up getting this great set for $240! I like Amazon but not enough to give them $60 for nothing.

EDIT, Jan. 3, 2011: 6 years later, now that this is $350, I would say that after 6 years of use, I am still totally satisfied and would not hesitate to spend $350 to get this today. Although I may upgrade eventually, I have no reason to think these knives won't last a lifetime.

Until you cut with a Wusthof knife, you cannot comprehend what knives are supposed to perform like. Essentially, these are profoundly heavy straight edge razor blades. Everything they go through melts like butter. Chopping vegetables with them is actually a soothing, zen like experience. I've tried other knives, but none have come close to the precision of Wusthof. The way they feel in your hands, their weight, their amazing balance, is really the mark of flawless German engineering. Think driving a beat up Chevy on a gravel road versus driving a brand new Benz on the autobahn. Get them. Have them professionally sharpened once a year. I guarantee you, if your home goes up in flames, you'll run back in to get them.

Buy W�sthof Classic 8-Piece Knife Set in Block Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment