Victorinox 4-Piece Knife Set with Fibrox Handles

Victorinox 4-Piece Knife Set with Fibrox HandlesI like nice cutlery, and normally would not consider these knives in my collection. However, my mind was persuaded to think otherwise when the Victorinox was considered one of the top knives by Cooks' Illustrated in the equipment reviews. As a result, I purchased a paring knife, which never seems to need sharpening.

I must admit, these are not as attractive as the forged knives. Then again, this set can be purchased for less than one European Chef's knife.

The bottom line, a good knife really lies in feel, and performance. Purchasing a set like this, the performance will not be an issue.

I already had a Victorinox Santoku knife, and I liked it so well that I decided to add to it. This set complimented it perfectly. All knives have large sturdy Fibrox handles that feel great in your hand and are actually better than the somewhat smaller handle on my Santoku. I sharpen lightly after each use, but these are incredibly sharp knives, and they cut through everything like butter. Highly recommended.

Buy Victorinox 4-Piece Knife Set with Fibrox Handles Now

I gave 5 stars because for a knife to work this well at this price point and not be junk is a feat in itself.

Can you compare these to knives costing $300 a set? Cutting probably, but construction? Probably not.

How they arrived

The knives came in a cheap card board box without any writing in plastic generic sleeves, packed with brown paper. No frills.

Construction

The knives have a mirrored appearance on the blades.

The blades are thin, but I have had no issues cutting, chicken,steak, pork or veggies

The handles are plastic with texture (tiny bumps, fissures)

The knives are very light, but handle fine with the non slip handle grip.

Sharpness

Most of my knives where sharp.

I used steel on the 8" chefs knife and then it was as sharp as the others.

For the price point i don't think these knives have any competition.

Are the draw backs? Yes.

How they worked

The knives are light weight, although I believe they will last.

I have used them for one month and I am enjoying them over my wooden handle 15 year old henckles. I do not dish washer my knives, I hand wash them, mirrored appearance is the same after daily use

When cutting potatoes that were wet I notice the mirrored blade would suction/grab against the potato. That was using the 8 inch chefs knife. When I used the 6" chef utility, it had no sticking and was like cutting through butter.

The bread knife and paring knife are great as well.

If you're looking for a cheap sharp knife and can get past that they aren't full tang high quality chef knives then these are for you.

Side note, I have the old henckles 4 star? 3 star or less quality wooden handle knives that came with the wooden storage block, these will not all fit in it. The 8" chef knives blade is taller, and the bread knife did not fit into the old 8" utility knife holder. So, if you have an existing knife block these might not fit.

I don't have the cash for a $300.00 plus knife set so this is perfect for me.

Read Best Reviews of Victorinox 4-Piece Knife Set with Fibrox Handles Here

These are high-quality knives that we are using in our 5th wheel. To protect the blades, we store them in the Ultimate Edge Knife Sleeve set also sold on Amazon.

Want Victorinox 4-Piece Knife Set with Fibrox Handles Discount?

It is a large version of swiss army knife and it slice through potato like hot knife though butter. Potato sticks to it like swiss army knife too. You could cut yourself trying to remove potato stuck on both sides of the blade if you are not careful. You probably need a hollow edge to prevent food from sticking to the blade. But food seems to stick to this one stronger than other solid blade knives I have used, probably because the blades are so well polished, like swiss army knife. It's also so light, it's like cooking with a razor blade. I'm planning to get a forged hollow edge santoku to compliment this set.

Save 38% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment