Shun Pro 2 Series 6 in. Yanagiba Steak Knife VGE0150ST

Shun Pro 2 Series 6 in. Yanagiba Steak Knife VGE0150STThis is for sushi/sashimi, not steak as described by some!!!!!!

I have half a dozen Shun knives in the Stainless Series which are beautiful and functional on their own with their 16 degree cutting angle.

I've been making sushi/sashimi and rolls for 15 years. Finally took a short course to improve the aesthetics of my finished product and my wife treated me to this Pro 2 Series knife to encourage me.

First of all, compared to the larger ones in the Pro 2 Series, this is affordable. It is truly a beautiful knife as far as finish and functionality.

The sharp cutting angle and one sided bevel cut really do make all the difference in the world as far as how sashimi and sushi look in the end.

I found that I did need the 8.26" version as well but had to settle for the Pro rather than the Pro 2 Series due to cost.

If you really get in to sushi/sashimi preparation, treat yourself to one of them as well as the Pro 8.26 inch to cover all of your bases (depends on how large an item you are slicing).

If you want to stare at a knife, the Pro 2 is truly a wondrous work of art.

P.S. Don't be nice and loan it to anyone. I wouldn't.

Wish I could frame this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment