Ginsu 5217 Koden Series Stainless Steel Open Stock 4-Piece Steak Knife Set

Ginsu 5217 Koden Series Stainless Steel Open Stock 4-Piece Steak Knife SetI've had several steak knife sets over the years with the typical boring black plastic handles that look cheap at the table setting before sitting down to dinner, so I wanted something nice for a change and these really fit the bill. I didn't want to spend a fortune either so when I saw these for under $15 locally last year I couldn't believe it and bought them on the spot. The handles are very smooth, sized well and really nice looking on the table, plus they cut amazingly smoothly with the dual serrated edge unlike the sawing edge most steak knives in this price range have. Guests always comment on how nice they slice and look so I'm very pleased with them. They are not dishwasher safe because of the high carbon steel used which keeps them so sharp plus firm, not flimsy as some steak knives are which is a good thing since hand washing and towel drying is normal for any quality cutlery, even this inexpensive and there is not a single spot of rust on any of them. Its great to have quality and value at the same time and with proper care these will keep on going for many many years to come.

The manufacturer sent me these knives as a replacement for the "Ginsu Essential Series 4-Piece 4.5-Inch Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set with Triple Riveted Polymer Handles 4805" which developed rust spots not long after several uses... And lo and behold, these knives developed rust spots as well.

I've sent back these knives and the replacement set also rusted... It got to a point where the manufacturer didn't even want me to send the bad knives back, so now I have 16 of these awful knives tucked away in my cupboard.

Maybe I can unload these knives on a passing circus or carnival.

Buy Ginsu 5217 Koden Series Stainless Steel Open Stock 4-Piece Steak Knife Set Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment