Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 8-Piece Block Set

Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 8-Piece Block SetBest buy by Consumer Reports but quality disappointing. After only a couple of months there's space between the blade and handle of a couple of the knives. Would not order again.

This set is a steal at under $50US and they cut very well and got great remarks in consumer reports. However, they certainly arn't a Henckels and feel light in the hand.

If you want a basic kitchen set, this is the way to go. If you appreciate finer things, buy Henckels or Wüsthof

Buy Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 8-Piece Block Set Now

Excellent razor sharp knife set. This set is not drop forged, but is very well made and holds a razor edge with just a little sharpening once in a while. I bought this set because it was highly recommended by Consumer Reports Magazine, and I was not dissapointed in its performance. I gave it four stars because it is not drop forged and the balance is not great, but I still highly recommended it.

Read Best Reviews of Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 8-Piece Block Set Here

I've had a Chicago Cutlery set for 21 years, and it's been great. I've lost about three of the knives in that time, but the others still work fine. When I wanted to replace the set, though, this was the closest I could come to the Walnut set I had. I'm okay with the black, and the knives I received are quite sharp. But I was sent a 9-slot block for 8 knives, and the biggest disappointment is that there is no bread knife. So I am keeping my old set on the counter, something I'd wished to avoid. Also, the black knives are just not of the same quality as what I received for my wedding over two decades ago. Still, they are better than other knives I've tried, and if you don't mind unused slots in your block, this set is a good as any other.

Want Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 8-Piece Block Set Discount?

Decent for price but seem to constantly need sharpening and blades developed rust spots pretty quickly.

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment