Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Cuisine 7-Inch Hollow-Edge Santoku

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Cuisine 7-Inch Hollow-Edge SantokuMarvelous knife!!! Well worth the money. Extremely sharp and well balanced. If you have a larger hand this will fit your hand well. I had this in a different style handle, the classic grip and exchanged it for this handle style.

I cannot say enough about this knife! I use it far more than my classic chef's knife. It takes just a few minutes of getting used to how it handles. It can be 'rocked' like a chef's knife, just not quite the same way. Once you get used to this you'll love it. It cuts very cleanly and smoothly. Treat it properly and it will last a lifetime.

A well made knife is an essential cook's tool. And this in my book is one of the best made out there.

My wife and I cooks alot and we have been searching a 'perfect' all rounded knife; We found it THE PEFECT knife! We replaced our entire 9-piece knives set with this line of Henkels

Henkels 7" Hollow-Edge Santoku

Henkels 5" Hollow-edge Santoku

4" Parer

Bread knife

Pros:

Sharp, sturdy and precise. No more eeky food stain and crumps get in between the handle and the blade.

Cons:

It takes a while to get used the 50/50 blade and handle weight distribution but once you get used it, makes other models or make obselete.

Buy Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Cuisine 7-Inch Hollow-Edge Santoku Now

love the blade. the handle, not so much. got the 2 knife set about a year ago (this one w/ the paring knife.) the blades are great, super sharp and cut well. however the handles on both knives cracked in several places after only a few months of TLC care. (hand washing only, handled carefully). I love henkel knives and have used them for years, I will just get them with a different kind of handle in the future. also with this particular model it took me a few weeks to get used to the handle-heavy balance.

Read Best Reviews of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Cuisine 7-Inch Hollow-Edge Santoku Here

My husband bought me this knife for Christmas a few years ago. It immediately became my favorite knife. It's the first knife I reach for every time. The blade is heavy and sharp and has held up well to at least five professional sharpenings in the interim.

(Note to other knife-users. Spend the five bucks and get your knives sharpened regularly. If you're on here looking for a new $100+ knife, it may just be that your current good quality knife needs a $5 sharpening.)

So, it's my favorite knife. I love the ergonomic shape of the handle. Do not ignore this feature, it makes a world of difference to cut or chop with a knife that feels comfortable in your hand.

Unfortunately, as other reviewers have pointed out, the handle is too fragile. My knife has never, ever, not even once been in the dishwasher. I am obsessive about taking good care of my knives. But despite my loving care and even conditioning the wood in the handle, it has cracked in several places. It's still usable, but I will clearly have to replace this knife soon.

For as much as I love this knife, maybe it's worth it to spend ~$150 every few years for a new one. But it feels wasteful and I'm sure I could do better. Too bad, this could have been the perfect knife.

Want Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Cuisine 7-Inch Hollow-Edge Santoku Discount?

This is just a quick warning about the Twin Cuisine design for all those that are interested.

Four star for the cutting ability of the knife, One star for the handles,(Because you can't click no stars)

I have been involved with the restaurant industry for some thirty years now as a Chef, management, designer, contractor etc... So I know good from bad when it comes to restaurant products.

About four years ago I decided to purchase a new set of knives. Henckel being one of my top choices, based on previous experience and ownership.

I settled on the Twin Cuisine because I liked the larger handle and overall weight of the knives and the look. Full length tang, no rivets and a more robust design of the handle. I purchased from various vendors on Amazon a compliment of around nine knives of various lengths and cutting styles. I also got two sets of the Twin Cuisine Steak Knives.

Speaking for the knife, (cutting portion) they are a great set of knives. They keep there edge, (as long as you hone them) and I think I have only had to sharpen them a few times over the years.

Now for the handles. Every one of these knives the handles are cracked, not cracking.... cracked. From my 10" chef knife to the steak knives. There is definitely a flaw in the plastic used to mold these handles. I have found references on other forums about this problem with the twin cuisine so buyer-be-ware.

Although they are warrantied for life the hassle is you have to send them in one at a time to Henckel, which frankly I have not taken the time to do, and it can take them up to eight weeks to deal with the warranty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment