YOSHIHIRO- Namiuchi Ao-ko / Blue Steel Yanagi Kiritsuke Sword Sashimi Sushi Chef Knife 10.5" 270mm

YOSHIHIRO- Namiuchi Ao-ko / Blue Steel Yanagi Kiritsuke Sword Sashimi Sushi Chef Knife 10.5' 270mm -MADE IN JAPANRecieved this knive today and it looked beautiful. Having been a chef for 30 years I was looking forward to trying a new knife. To start this blade is absolutely incredible! All superlatives! I cut some tuna and salmon for sashimi and it was like cutting through warm butter. EFFORTLESS! It was if the weight of the blade was doing the slicing. Truely incredible!! I've worked with many different brands of knives over the years and these are very special. They are specialized and not for all kitchen work but if your making sushi or sashimi or working with veges or seafood these are truely remarkable.

I ordered this knife recently from Yoshihiro. They shipped it for free and the knife arrived in perfect condition VERY quickly (just a couple days). The quality of craftmanship is truly impressive from the seemingly-one-piece wood scabbard to the handle and most definitely the blade. I've made a few knives myself, and looking at this blade I definitely feel like I'm holding something hand forged and sharpened, not just ground out by machines. It's breathtakingly sharp and the handle shape and length allow for a variety of grip positions. I've used it once so far and I am very impressed. The single-bevel design will be excellent for cutting thin slices of any meat or fish I can think of and it makes quick work of vegetables. I'll be sharpening this on high grade, very fine waterstones at some point, which is the recommended method from the manufacturer. I'd say this knife is well worth the money and will probablylast a lifetime.

Buy YOSHIHIRO- Namiuchi Ao-ko / Blue Steel Yanagi Kiritsuke Sword Sashimi Sushi Chef Knife 10.5" 270mm Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment