OXO Good Grips 2-Piece Peeler/Parer Set

OXO Good Grips 2-Piece Peeler/Parer SetI am consistently amazed at the high quality and low price of all the OXO kitchen products. Though I like heftier knives, this peeler is the best. The only caveat is that it takes a little getting used to the "direction of peel" towards you, but once you do get used to it (a couple of carrots should suffice) you'll never go back to the classic at your mother's house.

I bought this set when I first moved into my apartment, as I've been a fan of the Good Grips products for a while now. This set is absolutely indespensible, as I use these tools almost every day.

Peeler: This is wonderful for peeling potatoes, as the easy-to-grip handle and swivel blade help you to comfortably maneuver around bumpy and slippery surfaces.

Knife: Since purchasing the set 4 months ago, my knife has stayed incredibly sharp and is able to cut through everything from crunchy carrots to smooshy tomatoes.

Here's why the set didn't get the "5" rating: The pair should be hand washed and *not* put in the dishwasher. The knife got a tad rusty after running it through a cycle. Note: This was easy to correct with a Brillo pad and a little elbow grease.

However, I don't think you should let this "diswasher drama" sway you from purchasing this set, as the benefits *far* outweigh the limitations.

Buy OXO Good Grips 2-Piece Peeler/Parer Set Now

The paring knife has proved quite good, but I cannot find strong enough terms to express my disappointment in the peeler. I can't understand all the recommendations. It requires an undue amount of pressure to peel at all, digs chunks out of the vegetable and doesn't peel smoothly. It feels as though I've used a rather dull knife instead of a highly recommended kitchen tool. Even my small crew of teenage peelers have opted to use our old one from the grocery store. It has no curved edge to remove eyes and although the handle is very comfortable, it is otherwise useless.

Read Best Reviews of OXO Good Grips 2-Piece Peeler/Parer Set Here

Hi! I bought this set soon after I began having problems with my hands about four years ago. I thank my lucky stars that I did! I later discovered I had rheumatoid arthritis, so these kitchen tools have been a Godsend. The peeler especially has made it possible for me to be able to cook many things I had simply given up on previously. I had experienced so much pain before due to peelers which required too much force to use, partly due to dull blades and rigid blade formats. This peeler is so sharp, and is so clever with its freely swiveling motion, that it peels smoothly and swiftly; if anything, one almost has to pay attention not to remove too much when peeling because it *is* so effortless! The paring knife is splendid also. For me, with my arthritis, the handles on both tools are really beautifully designed, and enable me to cook even on some of my worst days. I always handwash my utensils and have never had any problems with rust, as some reviewers have mentioned, and both utensils have remained very sharp all these years. These were the first OXO tools I bought, and I was so enamored that I have since bought more. I would probably buy the whole OXO line if I were rich enough! I am pleased that somebody thought of people with arthritis --and good design in general --at long last.

Want OXO Good Grips 2-Piece Peeler/Parer Set Discount?

I have had numerous peelers and all of them would hurt my hand after peeling a few potatoes. Not anymore because I bought an OXO Good Grip. This is hands down the best peeler I've ever owned. I can now peel a whole bag of potatoes without pain in my hands. I would recommend this brand to anyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment