Orka Black Stainless Steel V-Blade Mandoline

Orka Black Stainless Steel V-Blade MandolineI use this on a regular basis for slicing potatoes, onions, cucumbers and zucchini. I admit I never tried it for carrots but they can be pretty tough. Also it has a lot of fancy features I haven't tried. It comes with a very sharp V-blade so be sure to use food holder once item being sliced gets short enough. Another nice feature is rubber footed foldout leg in back can be used on a cutting board or over a bowl. I thought overall quality was very good for the money.

I had a cheap little plastic mandoline that worked like a gem ... but was falling apart and wasn't very safe to use. I've searched for years for a new one. I've taken many back after purchasing because they simply didn't work for the amount of money I paid. I tried cheap ones, expensive ones, stainless steel ones, plastic ones, fancy ones, plain ones.... Mostly they didn't cut well, or were too hard to change blades ... but the biggest problem was the hand-held unit was (for my hands) too big to hold and push down at the same time. I stumbled on this mandoline at a thrift store and the price was too good to not give it a try. It WORKS! I absolutely love this mandoline and hope to have it for the rest of my life. If I have to purchase a new one it's incredibly inexpensive! I don't know about the problems others have had, but this thing cuts beautifully, is easy to hold. I love the rubber grips that keep it from sliding and that it fits over bowls without moving around. It's easy to clean. I just can't think of anything I don't like. For this price ... if you've been looking for one ... try this before spending $50-$100 for something else!

Buy Orka Black Stainless Steel V-Blade Mandoline Now

I bought this for my wife because of the amount of chopping she does, and the hassle of pulling out the food processor. My wife has never used a mandoline before, and while it was different at first she now uses the mandoline fairly regularly julienne style. I attribute the use not only to the good job the product does, but the fact she can store it next to the cutting board so she is inclined to pull it out when about to chop/slice.

These blades are super sharp, and the quality is nice. I was worried about the price, but I think I got a decent product for what I paid. The attachments clip in and out fairly easy, but are not loose and do not come out during operation. My wife took the time to read the manual or watch videos to understand how to use it.

We have found that not all fruits or veggies slice well, but it is a matter of getting a feel for the item and putting it through the unit appropriately. Our food may be in different shapes now compared to when it was conventionally cut, but it does a good job.

The food holder doesn't seem to hold all food well and is somewhat clunky (partly by design to protect your hand). I would like to see some improvements with how it holds food if possible.

Read Best Reviews of Orka Black Stainless Steel V-Blade Mandoline Here

I had been looking for a mandolin with a waffle cut for sometime. In my search I found this one at a reasonable price.

Want Orka Black Stainless Steel V-Blade Mandoline Discount?

This is just what I wanted. It is a good value and does just what it says it will. I made Waffle fries with it too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment