Oneida Camlynn 53-piece Flatware Set, Service for 8

Oneida Camlynn 53-piece Flatware Set, Service for 8I looked and looked for months trying to decide on new flatware and finally decided to give this set a try. Amazon's price and the bonus 24-piece set I got for free made it hard to turn down.

When I first opened these, my immediate reaction was , "Whoa, these are HUGE!" I wasn't sure about the continental size, it made our old stuff look like toys... my teenage son, in his usual cynical manner, commented that these must have been designed for "ham-fisted eaters."

It's now a couple of weeks later, and I can say that we've all adapted to the size, and I'm growing to enjoy this set more and more. It suits the large Dansk dishes we have, and really does look nice on the table. We always use a dishwasher and they come out perfectly shiny and spotless, as long as they haven't been "over-crowded" with too many pieces crammed into the basket. When we had a particularly large load, a few had waterspots, but they immediately went away when I handwashed and dried them.

If you're looking for exceptionally heavy flatware to accompany large dinnerware like Dansk or Fiesta, this set is a great option. The extra teaspoons are wonderful, too, if you're like us and use them constantly for making coffee and tea.

Two thumbs up!

As other reviewers have noted, the pattern is rather large and sturdy in its construction. Great for a larger set of dishes. The pattern is also rather sleek.

Some of the cons that I see are:

1. The brushed part of the pattern scratches a bit, which leaves a new-looking shiny line in between a slightly scratched surface.

2. Watermarks are left on the brushed metal sometimes when they come out of the dishwasher, but not on the shiny part.

3. The manufacturing of this product was inconsistent.

#3 explained:

The pattern has slight grooves between the shiny line and matte sides to make the difference stand out. However, the set that I initially received had some pieces with the groove, some with none at all, making a smooth transition from the shiny portion to the matted portion. Even some individual pieces had one side with the correct pattern and the other side with the defect.

I investigated using the 25 year warranty from Oneida to replace the defective pieces or to just replace the set through Amazon. Oneida requires you to deal with all the shipping charges and details of replacing pieces, whereas Amazon makes the process quite simple, so I used Amazon's exchange service. The next set that I got from them was much better, though still not perfect in the manufacture of the pieces. I am not sure if this particular pattern was difficult for Oneida, but I do know that I would be reluctant to try to get new pieces from them due to this problem with the manufacturing.

Buy Oneida Camlynn 53-piece Flatware Set, Service for 8 Now

This flatware is very high quality. The pieces are heavy weight and solid with a satin finish that is even and smooth. They are truly oversized, European scale pieces: the salad forks in this set were as big as the dinner forks in my old Oneida set. I expected something more delicate and was a bit surprised by their size and weight but have decided to keep them because the quality is obvious and the pieces have a nice, substantial feel in your hand.

The design is simple and attractive. It is versatile and would compliment all but the most geometric tableware patterns. The price is outstanding for the set. The weight and quality were so much greater than the sets I had seen in stores for the same price that I was truly surprised when I unpacked the box. If I had not known the price of this flatware I would have guessed it to be far more expensive than it is.

Read Best Reviews of Oneida Camlynn 53-piece Flatware Set, Service for 8 Here

I ordered this set to replace our older silverware, which after 3 children, is down to 6 spoons and 10 forks and 8 knives (Is there a utensil monster my mom forgot to tell me about?)

When I ordered this set it seemed like a nice classic-style set with some european flair, right up my alley. Upon receiving it, I was amazed at how truly beautiful this pattern really was. The quality of it was more than I had anticipated and put my old Oneida to complete shame. Heavy pieces, well balanced, very nicely crafted. The knives and forks and spoons are longer than in a traditional set (especially the forks!) however you quickly adjust to eating with them. Truly a nice statement at the dinner table. Beautiful serving pieces, I especially liked the fact that it had 1 slotted serving spoon and one regular. Very Nice. 5 stars all the way!

Want Oneida Camlynn 53-piece Flatware Set, Service for 8 Discount?

A very attractive set and a nice quantity for the price. I had problems with the durability of the pieces, though. I merely washed the set as I took it out of the box and some knife pieces showed spots of rust. I didn't even get to use it and it was back in the box for a return.

The instructions state how to care for the flatware; don't let the pieces sit in water, don't let foods stay on the pieces too long before washing, be cautious of the detergent used, don't let them air dry as that can cause rust, remove from the dishwasher when the cycle is finished. In my case I simply had to let them air dry for a short while because I had company in the house.

As I said it looks pretty, but it really loses out because it's simply not a functional set and it is inconvenient when one has to pay so much attention to caring for one's flatware. I don't really want to wash and dry each piece immediatly after using it. I remember seeing many a house where flatware was left in the sink with the dishes for quite a while before any one got to it. Just a little toughness is all I ask.

I also noticed as I shopped in stores that the frosted parts of flatware are very prone to scratching.

It's too bad. I'll be looking for something more durable.

Save 32% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment