Messermeister Mu Fusion 8-Inch Chef's Knife

Messermeister Mu Fusion 8-Inch Chef's KnifeI bought one of these on clearance but based on my initial reaction to having it in my hands and using it to prep food I'd be inclined to pay the full MSRP. I have used a number of chef's knives and santokus over the years but I have never felt another knife to be so perfectly balanced in my hands. The handle is symmetrical and oval in section, great for a lefty like me unlike some Japanese knives, the handle is not overly large yet sill generously sized for my smallish hands and though it is rather smooth it is never slick feeling, even when wet, and the taper gives it a feeling of security with a variety of grips. The centre of balance is right at the pinch point just ahead of the bolster making a wide range of knife techniques feel natural and easy. Out of the box the thin blade is super sharp and though time will tell how well this knife holds an edge and how easy it will be to resharpen, so far so good, I've yet to notice any degradation in cutting performance, it still effortlessly cuts through cabbage or tough carrots which it easily turns into a fine julienne. The blade itself is beautifully tapered from just under 3mm on the spine just ahead of the bolster to a very acute edge and tip so it produces very little wedging whilst still being rigid and substantial. And it is simply gorgeous to look at and to hold and to use. Recommended.

I use this knife in an extremely busy professional kitchen. Let me start by saying the weight, balance, and feel of the knife are all spectacular. It feels as if you can do anything with this knife. I frequently use it to butcher, cut and trim fish/meat and I never have any issues. It makes cutting vegetables fun. In the 6 months I have owned it, I have run it over a wet stone 3 times and used a steel daily to maintain an unbelievably sharp edge. This knife will cut paper effortlessly and I wouldn't doubt if you could shave with it...yes it can be that sharp if maintained correctly! I absolutely recommend it, and all the other chefs i work with ask me to use it when they have a task their knives just wont handle.

Buy Messermeister Mu Fusion 8-Inch Chef's Knife Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment