LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder

LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat GrinderVery pleased with this grinder. Have had it now for a few months and essentially had bought it to make cat food. It grinds up chicken thigh bones without a problem and that was one of my main concerns that it be powerful enough to do so. We have also started to use it to "make" our own hamburger which once you start doing that you will never go back to store bought. The rate at which it grinds up food is fast. I found I had to have all my meat ready to feed because it ground just that quickly. The machine itself is sort of heavy, but I generally do not have problems lifting it. It cleans up nicely, I do use my bottle brush for some of the pieces to make sure and get to those hard to reach places. I would certainly recommend this machine to others!

First off, I love the circuit breaker, which shuts off the power to the grinder if meat gets trapped in the auger. If the KitchenAid stand mixer I had been using to grind meat was equipped similarly...I wouldn't have burned out the motor. Alas, the KA is not well designed and it is now a piece of junk in the basement. When it came time to choosing a new appliance to grind meat, I decided to buy a dedicated machine, not something made to do a million and one different kitchen jobs. There's something to be said about heft, and this LEM grinder has weight to it...which is a good thing. It is powerful and grinds up meat the way I want a meat grinder to work...fuss-free and no-nonsense. In comparison, the KA grinder attachment would whine shrilly and grinding meat was slow and laborious. All in all, I think that this grinder was a worthwhile purchase and it's looking like I'll be quite happy with it. Time to make some kielbasa!

Buy LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder Now

This works fine so far and seems to be a quality unit. Be sure to read the short instruction sheet as you have to coarse grind first before you can fine grind. If you skip that step you will be sorry. Also you will need to buy a plate larger than 3/8. You cannot drop the meat in one step unless you use a coarse grind plate first which I do now BTW. I suggest that you buy a larger plate as 3/8 will not give you a real coarse grind.

Update: the coarse grind was great and equal to fine grind at the supermarket. Also bigger is better and would buy the .75 or 1 if I had to do it over again. The throat is bigger in the bigger models which means less cutting. Go large folks.

No where does it say made in USA only a made in China on the box.

Read Best Reviews of LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder Here

Just bought one of these bad boys direct from LEM (sorry Amazon). This is an absolutely amazing grinder. I bought three 5 lb pork shoulders, sliced 'em into 2" wide and thick strips and chilled 'em for 30 minutes in the freezer. This grinder gobbled 'em up as fast as I could throw 'em down its throat. My first time to try making sausages in the last 35 years and it was really a learning experience. Now I've got 15 pounds of UGLY sausages. Should taste pretty good though. Also bought an MTN 7 lb stuffer if you want to see my review of that. Anyway the "Big Bite" auger works extremely well just as advertised. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Want LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder Discount?

I recommend this grinder. I purchased this grinder to make my own cat food. Its perfect for grinding small chicken bones which is what I wanted it for. I wouldn't recommend it for larger bones. I love it. It is very heavy but that's not a problem.

Save 8% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment