Kyocera Ceramic 4.5 Inch Utility Knife

Kyocera Revolution Series 4-1/4 Inch Utility Knife, Black BladeWhat a knife! I did not buy this particular knife from Amazon, but was an impulse buy at an asian market which had these at a competitive price.

The blade almost looks like a cheap plastic utensil, but don't let the looks deceive you. . . this knife is sharp! There was no sleeve in the packaging, and I got a nick on my finger handling the knife the very first time.

Also with the blade being so hard, you will need to be sure that the knife takes no hard shocks or flexes too much, or the ceramic may break. I would use a mat for cutting on a Granite(or Corian) countertop to avoid chipping the blade(or maybe cutting a groove in the stone!). There are places near the edge that look translucent and you can see the very fine lines along the blade from what I assume would be from the grinding process to finish the blade.

Cutting veggies and meat is very nice, but make sure you are using a hardwood board, or cutting mat, as this sucker leaves very fine grooves on supermarket cutting boards. If the knife were any heavier the cutting would do itself!

Already owning a well-rounded selection of Wusthof Classic knives, I didn't need a medium-sized slicer. Having received this knife as a gift, it was a nice introduction to Kyocera's ceramic knives. The edge quality of this knife (and I imagine the entire Kyocera line as well) is superb. If proper care is given, I can hardly imagine a better line of knives for the home cook (save for a boning and serrated bread knife). One concern I had was that the entire Revolution line has blunted (but edged..) tips, instead of pointed tips that nearly all other knives have. I needn't have worried. I used this rather large (for the task at hand) knife in place of my beloved Wusthof Classic trimming knife (#4002) to trim fat and sinew from a piece of flank steak while preparing fajitas and the rounded-yet-sharp-edged tip easily found it's way between fat,sinew, and the meat just as efficiently as my Wusthof. As Kyocera will tell you, ceramic blades are not for cutting around bone or jobs that may require twisting of the blade (such as boning), but for day-to-day slicing, they are very tough to beat. As I have 3 (going on 4 children) and perform 99% of the cooking in my household, I appreciate the time saved by not having to meticulously maintain the edge of steel knife after each use. For that reason, I have already acquired the 3" paring knife and will be purchasing the 7" chef's model in the near future.

Buy Kyocera Ceramic 4.5 Inch Utility Knife Now

I bought this knife for my mother as a Christmas gift. It cuts very well and has stayed as sharp as it was out of the box for almost a whole year now! Im very impressed with ceramic blades. Im pretty sure she only uses this knife and another ceramic Kyocera knife I got her. It makes cutting almost anything in the kitchen very easy. Hightly recommended!!!

Read Best Reviews of Kyocera Ceramic 4.5 Inch Utility Knife Here

Until recently, I used a fancy German stainless steel paring knife. It used to work OK but in the past few years, it refused to stay sharp. It was never sharp enough, even though I'd frequently use a sharpening steel on it. I even had it professionally sharpened, but it quickly got dull again. Because I used it often, this got frustrating (and dull knives are dangerous), so I looked for an alternative.

This Kyocera ceramic knife is amazingly sharp. It easily slices a tomato without having to poke the skin first (good thing, because the knife has a blunt tip). It even cuts through banana peels from the outside (I cut them up before composting). It lets me make thinner slices and handles well. The blade already has some minor staining (not a problem with stainless steel), and as others have pointed out, it's not to be used to smash garlic, but those are minor points. It cuts very well, and that's what a knife is for. Kudos, Kyocera!

Want Kyocera Ceramic 4.5 Inch Utility Knife Discount?

I thought a long time before buying one of these knives. I got this model, FK-110WH. It's a 4.25 inch long bladed general utility knife. I'm not sure that I'm the typical purchaser of this type of knife because I bought it for just one thing, to make SALSA.

We own a lot of very nice knives. 8 of them are Wusthof knives, two of them are Cutco and then this one. I bought each of them separately and for a specific use so I'm not with the reviewers who complain it's lack of versatility. That's fine with me as I have other knives for those things. It's true that there are some things you shouldn't use a ceramic knife for. If you're not OK with that, get something else.

My family loves salsa and I'm the go-to guy for that. I've been using an 4582/12 Wusthof knife. That's a 12 cm prep chef's knife. It's my favorite knife and I'd recommend it to anyone. It's plain and simple the best all around knife I've ever owned. But for slicing fruits and vegetables, this Kyocera ceramic is far and above it.

The first time I used it my mouth popped open. And remember, I'm not comparing it to cruddy knives. It may be specialized but if you do a lot of slicing, you should have this knife, or one like it in your block. Even when cutting along the edge of a slick tomato skin, this thing will go right through it rather than slipping of the side and cutting your finger. If you're worried about it being too sharp for you, don't. The sharper the knife, the safer it is. You want your knife to be so sharp that it cuts right through whatever you intend it cut. It's when the blade is dull that it tends to go off target and endanger your digits.

30 bucks. The cheapest knife I own but I'm sure I'll come back to it again and again. I probably wouldn't buy this type of knife (ceramic) in the "Chef's" style but to slice vegetables, everyone should have one.

Save 34% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment