J.A. Henckels Twin Pro-S 5-Piece Gift Set

J.A. Henckels Twin Pro-S 5-Piece Gift SetThe first time we used them, we cut the ribeyes with this set fresh off the grill and everyone commented how wonderful the knife felt in our hands. The balance of the knife as well as the ease of use and the quality of the incision made us feel like skilled surgeons. Lately, I grill steaks just to have an excuse to use them! The presentation case is impressive to guests and they serve as a safe place to preserve their edges, tips and overall beauty. I bought them on amazon.com and was very pleased with the product for the price paid. I will probably purchase a second set so that I have service for eight.

I like this set of knives. I got this set since it had the larger block which allows me to easily add additional knives easily. I've had them for over a year now and they are still as sharp as when i got them (haven't needed to sharpen yet).

My biggest gripe is the silly sticker on the knife handles. I have been carefully hand washing the knives and the sticker starts to get gummy and peeling off after about a month. Seems very tacky and low quality to put a sticker like this on a quality knife. I had to take off 1 whole star for this. But if this doesn't bother you as much as it does me then consider this a 5 star review :)

Buy J.A. Henckels Twin Pro-S 5-Piece Gift Set Now

These knives are really good. I ended up adding them to an assortment of others I use regularly. The block was a disappointment (lightweight and a poor finish) and I discarded it for one I was already using.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels Twin Pro-S 5-Piece Gift Set Here

The blades are just great and well worth the price. The metal coated paper sticker used as a label on the handle is a disappointment while the instructions recommend hand washing and not using a dishwasher, sorry I'm going to use the dishwasher. However, the cheap label comes off eventually. The blades remain superb, however.

I suggest getting a companion Henckels or Wusthof manual sharpener (about $20); I haven't found anything better. My blades needed sharpening after a year of use 3-4 times a week, and 3 to 4 draws through each side of the sharpener did the trick, far better than the steel rod I had.

Want J.A. Henckels Twin Pro-S 5-Piece Gift Set Discount?

Needless to say, these knives are sharp and well balanced. My use has been only for a month, so I will reserve judgement on how long they remain that way. I do hone after each use, but so far, it has been a pleasure to use them. The only change I would have preferred is a 6" chef knife, rather than an 8" inch.

Save 54% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment