J.A. Henckels International 3-Piece Paring Knife Set, Multicolored

J.A. Henckels International 3-Piece Paring Knife Set, MulticoloredSeveral years ago I bought the 4-pack set of these knives, manufactured by Zwilling-Henckels. I was so happy with them I bought some for others in my family. We use them almost daily, so I wanted to get another set. While looking around on the site, I noticed this 3-piece set which cost 1/2 as much as the 4-piece! What a deal I thought! The only knife missing was the red-handled one, which I use the least anyway. Unfortunately, I forgot to do my homework. Yes, these ARE Henckels knives but NOT the same Henckels knives I have and love. Henckels has two lines, the "premium" brand and the "value for the money" brand. The first set of knives I bought was the "premium" brand and this set from Henckels, International, is the "value for the money" brand. These knives are very similar to the first set I bought but they are not the same. The handles are slightly different, the blades are different sizes, the knives aren't as sharp, and I have already noticed some small rust stains on the blades, though I was able to scrub them off. These knives are ok for the price, but they aren't as good as the set from Zwilling-Henckels, which I would have given 5 stars.

09/14/09 Here it is, 5 years later, and I'm thinking of buying another set of Henckels paring knives. I will buy the Henckels Twingrip set of 4 rather than these, in spite of the higher price. (If you knew me, that fact would astound you!) If you are confused by the similar names for the two sets of knives, see if you can find a close-up picture. The better quality knives have two little 'men' on the blade, as opposed to one 'man' on the lower quality merchandise.

If you are wondering why I would consider buying yet another set of paring knives, it is for this reason: I find myself washing the dirty, yellow H. Twingrip knife over and over rather than reaching for my clean, yellow H. International blade!

These are *extremely* sharp, really high quality knives for the price. I have a really good, really expensive set of knives that I use for "specialty" tasks, but I find myself grabbing these little knives for my normal day-to-day use.

I also have the other inexpensive Henckels set, the one that includes these three knives plus a red-handled longer knife. It's not worth the extra money, in my view. That little red knife has a rounded tip, is serrated, and the only thing I ended up using it for was slicing sandwiches. For the money, this set of three knives is an outstanding value. I just bought another set to have a spare.

Buy J.A. Henckels International 3-Piece Paring Knife Set, Multicolored Now

They cut sharp enough, it's just they're very light-weighted so they don't have the stability feeling which I think the only drawback if you expect something decent. Otherwise the price is right, you'll be happy with the well functioning colourful little knives!

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels International 3-Piece Paring Knife Set, Multicolored Here

Colorful handles stick out in the drawer. I find these paring knifes generally to be incredibly useful in food prep for everyday dinners and bag lunches for school/work.So they last about a eightteen months without sharpening even if you throw them in the dishwasher. However, I would never pay more than ten dollars for the set. These are NOT a replacement for your good knives that need to be sharpened and handwashed (which I use when preparing food where appearance and consistency of cut size is important). They are just a good extra set of paring knives the price of which allows you to abuse them and not feel guilty when you dispose of them down the line.

Want J.A. Henckels International 3-Piece Paring Knife Set, Multicolored Discount?

even though the description wrote they were made in Germany, they were actually made in China. These knives are light, easy to use. the blades looked like white color but are actually chrome like other knife. having them for a month or so, they have been worked well for me.

Save 41% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment