Global GF-32 - 6 1/4 inch, 16cm Heavyweight Chef's Knife

Global GF-32 - 6 1/4 inch, 16cm Heavyweight Chef's KnifeA great utility knife. Heavier at handle end than it looks. Thin blade can be easily damage if not use correctly. But still great knife with excellent finished.

I purchased this knife on 7/27 and contacted Global on 9/10 regarding a chip in the blade. I used it as a lite duty knife I can take to different restaurants and use on a salad line for chopping vegetables on the fly. I used it very seldom only on softer vegetables for one month and noticed a chip in the blade. It was out of the return period for Amazon which was fine because I really only wanted the blade fixed by Global (not an unreasonable request). I was told by Global that this wasn't under warranty and had nothing to do with the metal. Really the blade has nothing to do with the quality of the metal?

I have been a long time customer of Global. I have never had any problems with my other knifes from them 10" chef, 10" serrated, Veg, etc. for ten years. The fact that a company can't guarantee it's product for 45 days is absurd, I wasn't asking for a refund or something better, just fix the product. If you are going to invest $135 on one knife, I suggest you buy from a company that will at least fix a chip out of the blade and realize the value of a long time customer.

Update: So after talking with some chef friends. I have been told that shun is the way to go. One guy left his knife at his restaurant, line cook dropped it, breaking off tip, went to shun said hey is it fixable, they offered new knife at no cost!!! So I'm switching to SHUN!

Buy Global GF-32 - 6 1/4 inch, 16cm Heavyweight Chef's Knife Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment