Calphalon Contemporary 8-Inch Bread Knife

Calphalon Contemporary 8-Inch Bread KnifeA bread knife is a specialized tool -you really can't use it for much other than cutting bread. It's tempting to purchase just any bread knife. But this is forged, rather than stamped, and the reduced flexing of the blade goes a long way towards making the slice the slice you wanted rather than what you happened to get. Functionally, this knife is beyond reproach. Even with crusty breads, the crumbs are minimized.

It does not use the traditional three-rivet handle -the handle is molded. But it is a full tang, and there's no reason to expect any loss in longevity.

I gave this four, rather than five, stars primarily on the basis of the appearance of the blade -but this is a matter of personal taste. Unlike knives used in the kitchen (where getting the job done is the job, and the appearance is not particularly important) a bread knife is likely to be used before guests. The utilitarian appearance of the blade is entirely appropriate to my tastes, however it may not appeal to those who expect a highly-polished appearance. Also (and this is visible from the photos) this bread knife does not have an offset handle, which may be awkward with large cutting boards.

This is absolutely the BEST knife I've ever used for cutting bread. Even when the bread is piping hot this knife glides right through it w/ease and doesn't even begin to squash or damage the loaf. I'm amazed how thin I can cut slices (when the bread is cool). It's a fab knife. Just be careful it cuts well for a reason! It's sharp as all heck! GREAT knife!

Buy Calphalon Contemporary 8-Inch Bread Knife Now

This knife cut through tough crusty bread like it was butter! I thought I had a good bread knife until I bought this one, there was no comparison between the two. I am buying the whole set of these Calphalon Contemporary knives one by one and love them!

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Contemporary 8-Inch Bread Knife Here

I just replaced my first one, which i dropped last night and broke. That is how much i love the knife i couldn't go 24 hours without it. Tip (sorry Amazon) if you have a local Tuesday Morning, look there first. They only had two, but they were only $20.

Want Calphalon Contemporary 8-Inch Bread Knife Discount?

Great knife! Cuts bread wonderfully well, but it needs to be 2" longer, since I use a guide that is about 6" wide. Now I'm looking for a 10" bread knife that cuts this well.

Save $0.01 Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment