Bread Slicer -Multi-functional (Large)

Bread Slicer -Multi-functionalMaybe I am just too particular. But my issue is that you have to put the loaf in, cut a piece, move the loaf, remove and place the cut piece elsewhere, put the loaf back in, and continue this cycle until you are complete in cutting your entire loaf. I want to cut a piece, push the loaf up, cut another, etc. This is not the slicer for that. Also, it slides around way to easy. I literally had my 10 year old hold the unit steady, while I used both my hands to hold the loaf in place and cut the pieces. I am so bummed about this purchase. I think the ONLY thing I actually like about it is that it has the option for different widths.

Oh, there was a gift sent with the product by the seller. That was very sweet. AND it got to me WAY earlier than expected, so that was cool too.

I love this product. It was shipped on time and packaged well. The product itself held no disappointment for us. We like the fact we can choose thickness of our slices. It seems quite sturdy which is important to us as it will be used every day. The fact that it folds up and stores in a very small space, but opens quickly and easily is yet another plus. As far as the instructions being in Japanese, not a problem, we looked at the pictures.

When ordering, I thought it a bit pricey, but now that I have it and like it so well, I don't mind paying the price.

Buy Bread Slicer -Multi-functional (Large) Now

This product is well made, and love how it stores away. However, it slices really wide slices, even on the thinnest setting. If you make whole wheat bread, like we do, this means your sandwiches will be very thick and heavy with bread. This product is really meant for the light, white bread that is popular in Japan, where thick slices are the norm.

Read Best Reviews of Bread Slicer -Multi-functional (Large) Here

Why anybody gives this a five star rating is beyond me. The platform where the bread is placed is not firm but flexible with no way to fix. Useable but makes holding the bread difficult. This would probably be OK for standard commercial square bread. But try cutting a country or odd shaped European style bread and you need three hands. An overpriced molded plastic which barely meets its purpose. Save your money.

Want Bread Slicer -Multi-functional (Large) Discount?

I bought this and really liked it at first. So much I decided to buy a new bread knife because mine was not overly sharp as it came from a cheap set. I bought a Victorinox 47547 10-1/4-Inch Wavy Bread Knife, Black Fibrox Handle and began finding white pieces of plastic shavings on the bread. After a bit of looking I found the knife used to slice thin pieces from the guide making the product unusable. So unless you are using a fairly dull bread knife I would look for a stainless steel bread guide. On that not I have yet to find one. Perhaps the makers of this product might look at that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment