Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star 6-Inch Stainless-Steel Slicing Knife

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star 6-Inch Stainless-Steel Slicing KnifeI own several of the Henckel Four Star (but the Classic line is just as good) knives and have found little reason to succumb to marketing for higher priced knives. Using what I found to be a superior sharpening system (Edge Pro), the sharpness of my Henckel knives rivals the Wusthof and Shun lines (which I tried recently at W-S). Anything over 0.5 carbon is "high carbon" and will sharpen and hold an edge well; the VG-10 is 1.03 but in my opinion is overkill; I purchased one VG-10 and could not get it any sharper than my Henckels, so my son received a gift for his "kitchen".

I have yet found reason or purpose to buy beyond the following edge products (all Henckel but bread knife excluded):

-10" chef's knife

-6" chef's knife

-6" utility knife

-3.5" paring knife

-boning knife (not filet)

-take apart shears

-Granton edge carving knife and fork

+Forschner-Victorinox bread knife (sorry, Henckel)

Ok I did succumb to buying a matching fork, but when you have guests over for dinner, it looks nicer and the fork won't wear out. Anything beyond the regular handle is higher profit for the knife company; if you are holding you knife correctly, you won't need the higher cost handles.

I use both a smooth metal honing rod and a 1200 grit ceramic honing rod ($30 from Edge Pro unless you feel like paying someone more). I use the smooth metal prior to each use; ceramic once in a while, Edge Pro once every 3-6 months and even then only the two ceramic stones (unless the edge became bent on something).

Don't put in dishwasher...stuff bumps together, other dishware thrown on top of the knife, and could damage the edge.

Use only end grain cutting boards...I have truly found that it does not degrade the edge as much as plastic resin, or other types of wood cutting boards...Amazon has very good prices on Catskill brand. Read up on for more on cutting boards and try different ones out for yourself as have I.

Since I mentioned names, neither I nor my family have any financial interest or exchange with any of the companies referred to above. Just a well-informed consumer who continues to improve culinary skills by education and practice.

We bought this knife several years ago, and since then we have been buying other Four Star knives from open stock. This particular one is our favorite knife. We use it daily, usually several times. It keeps an edge, looks good, is comfortable in the hand, and is just the right size for most of our kitchen tasks. Very handy.

Some time ago we accidentally left it too near a burner on our electric range, and the handle melted horribly. Even so, we still use it in preference to any of our other knives including any of our other Henckel's knives. Guess what my wife will get for the next gift I buy her? Yep, this knife. Highly recommended.

Buy Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star 6-Inch Stainless-Steel Slicing Knife Now

OK, I have other Henckels knives, and like them all, but this is the knife that quickly became the one that I turn to first for all but the biggest slicing/chopping tasks. The size of this knife is just right. The blade is a good length for so many garden variety kitchen tasks, and the handle and heft just feel good and solid in the hand. The superior sharpness has been easy to maintain with an occasional swipe on the steel--even after much use. I like and use it so much that I have started giving it as a gift item. Everyone loves it.

Read Best Reviews of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star 6-Inch Stainless-Steel Slicing Knife Here

This is the knife my wife and I use the most. Comfortable grip and well balanced. It is easily sharpened (I've used the Wüsthof 2-Stage Knife Sharpener). We've been using this knife for four years now with no complaints.

Want Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star 6-Inch Stainless-Steel Slicing Knife Discount?

Absolutely perfect, goes through anything like butter. Perfect addition to the 8 pc set I bought, so sharp it cuts cheese with no effort.

Zero complaints.

Non-serrated. Need to get TWO more.

Save 41% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment