Wusthof Traditional Gourmet 7-Piece Block Set

Wusthof Traditional Gourmet 7-Piece Block SetI purchased this set during an Amazon Friday Sale and am pleased with its quality.

Each knife came separately packaged. It was packed as in it's original box inside of a larger box (important to me since I dislike it when items are shipped only in their manufacturer's box).

I am a novice cook and a young bachelor recently out of college so I needed a set of knives to start out with. Using my cheap Farberware or whatever brand you get at the supermarket wasn't cutting it (literally). So based on the price and the reputation of Wushtof, I decided to go with this set. It's supposed to be designed the same as the Classic series of Wushtof knives (excellent knives), but not of the same quality. I cannot give any negative comments about it yet. I use the chef's knife most often, but all have been very useful. The knives were very sharp out of the box and cut through anything smoothly and cleanly. Remember that I'm upgrading from supermarket knives, but this has made cutting things fun. I smile everytime I cut a tomato so nicely and easily or a chicken breast into two thin filet-like pieces.

I recommend this to those who need a set of knives to get away from that supermarket junk, but don't really have the money (or don't want to spend that much money) on a set of knives. I would also recommend it for anyone. I haven't used any "top of the line" knives, but for me, these are one of the most satisfying additions to my growing arsenal of kitchenware.

I love my knife set. I have used the more expensive Wusthof chef's knives at cooking class, and I cannot tell any difference between them and this very reasonably priced Gourmet knife. The small bread/tomato knife is fabulous. The chef's knife is perfect. And the shears come in handy constantly. Cannot recommend this set highly enough. Keep in mind that I am a novice cook, but I can't see anyone being disappointed with these knives and this price.

Diane R.

Buy Wusthof Traditional Gourmet 7-Piece Block Set Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment