Victorinox Forged 17-Piece Knife Set with Block

Victorinox Forged 17-Piece Knife Set with BlockIncredibly solid, sturdy, well-balanced feel. As soon as you draw a knife out of the block it has your attention as a serious piece of workmanship. Without any introduction to the set my brother-in-law cut a slice of sourdough with the bread knife, took a long look at the blade, felt the balance a bit, and proclaimed "I think this is the first bread knife I've ever seen that I would actually use for self defense." Nobody's suggesting these be used as a weapon of course, but the comment does speak to the quality. Even the shears are really remarkable.

The knives are wonderful to use as well. The factory edge on the blades is mind-boggling. They cut almost like straight razors but without the need for constant sharpening. When I first realized the steak knives weren't serrated I was a bit worried but having used them I can say they cut far better than any serrated steak knife I've used and will be easier to keep sharp.

The complement of included knives is very balanced. At first I thought the chef's knife might be a little too big for most tasks but it handles so supremely that it is still easy to use for any size job from chopping garlic up to slicing / dicing large onions. This was a big deal to me to be able to have a single go-to knife for general meal prep. I also recently used the boning knife for a bone-in honey baked ham and effortlessly had perfect slices down to the bone. My wife is crazy about the veggie knife. No matter what job you have there's a choice in this set to make your job easy.

The bamboo block looks surprisingly nice in person. I think bamboo can sometimes be written off as a cheap / eco-trendy option, sometimes rightly so, but this in no way feels like some temporary "oh that's the one that came with the set" block that I'll be replacing in a couple years. The bamboo is very well put together, very nicely finished, and very solid. And without the slightest hint of cheap about it the bamboo is extraordinarily beautiful. If you want oak and nothing can change your mind that's your opinion, but for my money this particular bamboo block leaves nothing to be desired.

I chose this set over similar Wusthof and Henckels sets when I found out they included stamped steak knives. I know there are some fine stamped blades out there but I personally see forged blades being in another category and although the sets with stamped steak knives cost less up front when I looked up the cost of the set of matching forged steak knives I would need someday if I got the other brand I decided it was silly to spend that much money on a knife set with the intention of having to buy part of the set over again.

The Victorinox selection is also a bit more comprehensive than the competition's in my opinion. I don't feel like I have to add a santoku or a nice chef's knife or a boning knife or have a couple more steak knives in a drawer because everything is included.

The only "con" to this set is the price. All I can say about that is that I think it's worth every penny.

Hope this helps!

I noticed that the description does not include exactly which knives are included. Victorinox is a great brand and if you want good knives at a decent price, this might be a good option for you.

3 1/2" Paring Knife

4 1/2" Steak Knife (8)

6" Boning Knife

7" Granton Edge Santoku Knife

8" Slicing Knife

8" Chef's Knife

9" Bread Knife

Sharpening Steel

Kitchen Shear

Bamboo Block with one extra slot

Buy Victorinox Forged 17-Piece Knife Set with Block Now

It cuts the meat and it looks good, so all i needed i have received with it! Well made and what else to ask from made in Switzerland!!!

Read Best Reviews of Victorinox Forged 17-Piece Knife Set with Block Here

Handles fit my hands naturally and the blades are more than sharp. What else (besides a very nice bamboo block) would a person want for such a good price?

Want Victorinox Forged 17-Piece Knife Set with Block Discount?

I only received 16 pieces, so i need you send me the other missed. Please i need and answer for this.

Save 45% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment