Richardson Sheffield 5-Piece Forme Knife Set with Heart Shape Wood Block, Dark Wood

Richardson Sheffield 5-Piece Forme Knife Set with Heart Shape Wood Block, Dark WoodOut of the box, I was very happy with the knives. They were wonderfully sharp and effective in their intended purposes. My one concern (and it's not a small one) is that when we remove the knives from the dishwashwer, they've been coming out with small rust spots. I've never seen anything like that before (?!) and I'm trying to figure out if they were caused by something else or the knives themselves. If it was the knives, then my 3 rating is too high.

This is a very good quality knife block the knifes look great in my kitchen and are incredibly sharp. I have bought cheaper knives in the past and they temd to dull after a couple of months. these are still really sharp after a year you just need to use a steel (knife sharpener) every week or two and they are like the day i bought them

Buy Richardson Sheffield 5-Piece Forme Knife Set with Heart Shape Wood Block, Dark Wood Now

WOW. WOW. WOW. Do the prices of some things sky rocket from week to week or what? I got this set for LESS than HALF of what it is going for now. I paid -$54.76 (About 2 weeks ago!)At that price, it was a steal. Guess you have to put things on your wish list and really check them daily...or buy it outright.

Now, maybe this new price of $120.00 is still a good deal for the quality, but I feel really lucky at the moment having paid what I did.

It IS beautiful. The wood has many striations and is heavy as a cinder block. The knives seem to be sharp and balanced and have a good weight to them. All one piece of metal from handle to tip. Very contemporary. The blades are not skimpy or thin and they fit into the block perfectly.

One of the photos shows a set of 6 knives laying flat in front of some boxes. You get FIVE knives in this set, not 6. I imagine this photo is to show you the 'line up' of the Forme knives they have ?? In any event FIVE NOT SIX.

I cannot review the usage of these knives as they are a 'starter' set for my daughters first college dorm/apartment. But given the normal history of this "name" brand, I expect the usual great quality. I will update if anything goes amiss.

The knives were extremely well packaged in an original "off the store shelf" looking box, within another box. The wood block was well wrapped and each knife was protected in a thick cardboard sleeve and then in a plastic bag fitted to each knife.

Let me add that when WE look at the block, we don't see a "heart". Not in the sense it jumps out at you and you say "Oh look, a heart". We just see a contemporary looking curve.

Wish I had these during my first 'apartment' days. All I had were those thin, cheap knives that you could flex between two fingers like a spatula.

I will remind my daughter, again, how lucky she is.

Read Best Reviews of Richardson Sheffield 5-Piece Forme Knife Set with Heart Shape Wood Block, Dark Wood Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment