Abert AB 90306846603 3-Piece Cheese Knife Set in Stainless Steel with Gift Box

Abert AB 90306846603 3-Piece Cheese Knife Set in Stainless Steel with Gift BoxIf you order this, inspect what you receive carefully. There must be poor quality control with the manufacturer, or these must be an old shipment of returns Amazon acquired somehow. I ordered this on a good day when the price was very reduced. Since then, I have been sent one set with rough edges to the blades, one set with the fork-tip knife from the larger set included instead of the Parmesan knife, and one set in which the handles were pitted and stained, also with rough edges. These are modern and full-sized, but I am beginning to think that even with all the replacements I'll never get a good set. I just keep trying because I got a really good price on the day I first ordered. Not sure why there are so many reviews praising the craftsmanship based on my experience. Also, the box is not attractive or gifty.

Revised: If the quality is bad enough, it isn't worth it to pay the bargain price. Cheap garbage is still garbage. I tried four times because I got these for half-price the day of my order. The blades have rough edges that are going to pit, chip and rust. Every set had at least one, though most had two that were like this. Different sets had different amounts of serration on different blades. The handles in one set were tarnished a little, and another had scratches. The big issue with one set was that it had a knife that didn't belong: someone had swapped in one of the fork-tipped knives from the larger 5-item set. I thought if I had a replacement I might be able to make a good set with the best of the blades, but even with three sets in front of me I couldn't do it. True, I'm picky, but if you are only half as picky as I am these aren't going to please you either. Amazon has been great through the process with the returns and customer support, but I'm just giving up and will try something else. I don't know why others have rated these so highly; I don't think I'm crazy.

This is a very nice set for the price, with a nice looking and well made assortment of quality stainless steel cheese knives and soft cheese spreader. The knives alone are worth the price I paid.

But I did read the reviews before purchase and realized that the "Gift Box" is simply a thin cardboard enclosure with a thin plastic divider to hold the knives in place during shipping, maybe worth less than 30 cents. But the box will do until I add another slot in my flatware drawer to hold the set, and then it gets tossed.

Buy Abert AB 90306846603 3-Piece Cheese Knife Set in Stainless Steel with Gift Box Now

I bought these for 14.99 as a lightning deal on Black Friday. I wasn't expecting much . . .but they turned out to be so nice. I get a lot of compliments on them. They are sleek looking and have great craftsmanship. Would pay up to $30 for these, and still consider a good deal.

Read Best Reviews of Abert AB 90306846603 3-Piece Cheese Knife Set in Stainless Steel with Gift Box Here

I would say the quality of the knives is good for the price but I'm surprised others consider the box a "quality gift box". The box is pictured above and looks better in pictures than in person. It is just cardboard with a flimsy red plastic liner that temporarily holds the knives. My box was extremely dirty which didn't help.

Want Abert AB 90306846603 3-Piece Cheese Knife Set in Stainless Steel with Gift Box Discount?

I'm happy that I went against those reviews and purchased. These knives are of exceptional quality. They are stylish, and a nice solid serving tool. I was surprised at the price I bought two sets for a little over $30 which gave me 6 knives. The closest product would be a 5 knife set at over $35 so i feel extra good about this purchase.

Save 43% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment