OXO Good Grips Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears, Black

OXO Good Grips Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears, BlackThe spring on my shears broke after several years of use. After e-mailing customer service they said that I could send a picture of the broken shears, which I did. I was informed that a new pair would be on it's way. After a few days they arrived and I have been using them every since. The OXO Good Grips Spring-loaded Poultry Shears are the only ones I have found that stand up to hard use of cutting chicken with bones. They come apart very easily for through cleaning and ease of sharpening. Great product that the company stands behind. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is that they DID break. I'm thinking there was a defect in the leaf spring.

I bought these "good quality" shears after my last old fashioned pair fell apart, after at least 15 years' use. Now, after just a couple of years, the spring on these spring-loaded shears has lost its ability to rebound, making cutting difficult.

Buy OXO Good Grips Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears, Black Now

I have arthritis in my hands and the poultry shears I have purchased in the past did not meet my expectations and I bought several pair. These however, are pure joy to work with. I have no difficulty what so ever using them. They are wonderful and cut my preparation time in half. I am so glad I purchased them.

Read Best Reviews of OXO Good Grips Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears, Black Here

We bought the "poultry shears" offered by our local big box store and the first time we used them to butterfly a turkey, SNAP! They broke. I decided to buy something quality for the next Thanksgiving (2012). These worked GREAT! I cut that turkey backbone out without any problems. It still took a little elbow grease, but the shears held up. We're going to use them again this year (2013).

Want OXO Good Grips Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears, Black Discount?

These shears came highly recommended by my favorite recipe blogger and I couldn't be happier with their performance. They replaced a pair of Henkel shears I've had for several years that I paid three times more for but just weren't that sharp, even the day I bought them. While you're supposed to be able to cut through chicken bones with most Chef Knives, I wouldn't dream of using my best knives on such as task as the nicks and dings on the blade that results, just aren't worth it . . .and the task is made so much easier with these.

The soft, easy grip handle is very comfortable, though it's important to keep the hand in the grips from touching the chicken to avoid the handle becoming to slippery. The blades easily separate for cleaning and snap back together and have a closing pin on the handle to keep them closed for storage.

Aside from cutting chicken . . .they work great trimming artichokes as well. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment