J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 13-Piece Knife Set

J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 13-Piece Knife SetMy wife and I have been using this 13-piece set of Forged Synergy knives for about 8 months, and we couldn't be happier with them. They are well made, well-balanced, have beautiful handles, a nice finish, and hold a very sharp edge--we've sliced tomatoes with all of them. If you're buying your first set of fine knives, these WILL hold up to the Henckels reputation for quality.

Now regarding what some others have said, I'll just add my two cents. There is a "Forged Synergy" and a "Fine Edge Synergy" series, and the main kitchen knives in those sets are NOT the same (though the steak knives appear to be so). The forged series has a metal tine that runs all the way through the handle with the black grips riveted on. The J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Synergy 13-Piece Block Set is totally different--see the Amazon photos and descriptions for yourself. Yes, this Forged Synergy set is also made in China (not Spain or Germany like some of the more expensive Henckels sets), but the quality is still excellent and should far surpass most users' expectations.

Regarding rust spots, we've had none. However, there are two main types of stainless steel: one is harder and slightly less stain resistant; the other is more stain resistant but slightly softer. That means that you give up a little stain resistance to have a knife that holds a sharper edge longer. I think that's much more important than having to clean an occasional rust spot off if it were to occur.

There are only two minor faults I find with this set (that didn't stop me from buying it, however). The kitchen shears are excellent quality and cut great, but the two parts should be easily separable for cleaning purposes. You'll see this in newer shear designs, and it's not a feature that would add to the cost. Also, the black finished knife block will eventually show wear and tear from missing when inserting knives into the slots. I'd have prefered a standard maple block. Lastly, for a few dollars more, I'd recommend the 16-piece version of this set which includes three more knives for about the price of one more (J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 16-Piece Knife Set).

I've worked in professional kitchens in my youth, so I know good knives and what to expect from them. My wife and I received these as a wedding present after registering for them, and though we've only had them 6 months so far they have been awesome. The knives do fit in the block just fine, contrary to what I read in another review. They have not rusted, also contrary to what I've read. The have a great balance on the blade, they handle extremely well, and they hold their edge for a long time before needing sharpening. The only complaint I would have about the set is that it didn't include every knife I could ever need, but the block does have extra slots in it and that's why I'm looking at Amazon.com today to add some more knives to the set. I would suggest picking up a bread knife at the same time you get the set, it only has a short serrated utility knife in it. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this set.

Buy J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 13-Piece Knife Set Now

I received this set for a gift. The 8" Chef's, and the 7" Stamped Hollow Edge Santoku do not fit into the block. Did I get a bad block?? Any ideas???

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 13-Piece Knife Set Here

I bought the 13 block set about a month ago and now over half of the knives are rusting. Mind you, I only hand wash and dry. Regardless, this is very embarassing for dinner parties. These are just NOT quality knives. I wasted $120 on them please do not do the same.

Want J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 13-Piece Knife Set Discount?

I Bought this for my wife for christmas and she is very happy with it. They are very well balanced & sharp.

Save 55% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment