LamsonSharp Pro 33100 7" Meat Cleaver

LamsonSharp Pro 33100 7' Meat CleaverI was expecting a heftier cleaver. The description said it was 4 pounds and the best cleaver I had used, my dad's 60 year old cleaver, was probably 6 or 7 pounds. So, when I got this and it feels like it's slightly over 2.5 pounds... well I almost called and complained. Then I felt the blade. The blade feels as sharp as some chef's knives I've used. Additionally, the handle and the balance are fabulous. I made short work of some redfish bones for stock first. Then, I stepped up and chopped a chicken with ease. Then, the real test: quick chopping pork brisket bones (i.e. rib tips). Before I started chopping, I did run the cleaver through my manual sharpener 8 10 strokes. I cut through the bones quickly and made 1/8 slices of the bones for rib tips without this cleaver ever not chopping cleanly through. This thing is what the old time cleavers that weigh 6 or 7 lbs but at a 1/3 of that weight with perfect balance. I'd buy it again and again. The only downside is I wish it came in a black handle to match my other cutlery.

The handle is rough wood--not at all smooth to touch. It feels like I need to take some sandpaper to it to smooth it out. But the knife cuts through butternut squash and chicken bones effortlessly.

Buy LamsonSharp Pro 33100 7" Meat Cleaver Now

I received the cleaver tonight, it is lighter than I expected at 13.75 ounces, being made from stamped steel rather than forged. Its crudely sharpened, but good enough to do the job.

The reason I returned it is that it did not give the dimensions in the listing, and at 4-3/8 wide, it will not fit the 4 inch slot in my knife rack. Many of the listings do not give a size or accurate weight, which makes it hard to shop for what I want.

The Good ... Made in the USA. I'd keep it for that alone if it would fit my rack.

Read Best Reviews of LamsonSharp Pro 33100 7" Meat Cleaver Here

Used it to chop up various meats and bones from meat animals grown here. Great balance. Good choice for anyone looking for a cleaver.

Want LamsonSharp Pro 33100 7" Meat Cleaver Discount?

This cleaver is the perfect size, saber sharp and is well balanced. It is a must for every serious cook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment