J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Synergy 13-Piece Knife Block Set

J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Synergy 13-Piece Knife Block SetThis was a gift from our wedding registry. And I did read the less than impressive reviews of the set and yet decided to go with it 1) because of the price, (2) these received the relatively better reviews for a Henckels set (3) one-piece stamped steel construction. My husband was in the restaurant suply business for 7 years, and he is no fan of the Henckels International line but I succumbed to the draw of the little man (in the co. logo) without whom, I believe for the moment, no kitchen is complete. Since we received them, even my skeptical husband has gotten fond of them. They are not 'cheap looking', 'prone to rusting' (with proper knife handling, of course), 'thin blade'd, as some have opined here. We don't have a grand chef's kitchen operation running at our house and for us, these are great. With low to moderate use, regular hand cleaning and wiping down, they are still like new. They feel just right in terms of weight and look great. We have an extra pair of henckels kitchen shears that we were able to put in the block that had a compartment for it.

UPDATE: Nov 26, 2012: Just wanted to report back that our knives are still going strong. No rust. No dullness that the (included) sharpening steel doesn't address.

I was looking for a set of good quality knives as I am upgrading my kitchen equipment and I ran across these in Dillards Dept store. The knives were on sale so I was not sure about them. I was familiar with the brand but didn't know much. I purchased them and they are wonderful! The Chef's knife won't disappoint and I was upset that I had not gotten a set of good knives before it would make my cooking life so much easier. The knives look pretty too with my stainless steel. They are attractive. The blades are so sharp and the steak knives cut steak like it's butter. I recommend them to anyone looking for a nice set of cutlery.

Buy J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Synergy 13-Piece Knife Block Set Now

I love these new knives. However, even though it says *Dishwasher safe--don't do it. Take really good care of these knives and they will last a life time. The chef's knife cuts through a lemon like butter...you will really like them.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Synergy 13-Piece Knife Block Set Here

First off before you go off and buy this knife set you have to realize this is the cheap version of the J.A. Henckels....hence the International. Although Amazon description says High Grade German Steel it is not. These knifes are made in China.

Some reviews here people complain of rusting ect. Now these knifes might indeed rust, but some care must be taken with them. I have had mine over 1 year now, and they have held up perfectly. I cant complain. I have taken good care of my knifes. They dont go in the dish washer, they dont stay wet very long soaking in the sink. I use them, wash and dry them and keep them sharp. The are still a very sharp

I have used and held the high end Henckels and these are a far cry from them...but so is the price. You will pay $300 or more. Twin Cuisine is a very very nice set, feels heavy and solid. The Fine edge synergy are light and thin, almost feel like they might break. Not a knife you want to take with you to a knife fight. However for the price they cant be beat. If your looking for Henckles high quality knifes go spend the extra money and dont get the International version. If your looking for a cheap good knife set that will last a long time with extra care, you cant go wrong with this set.

I dont regret ever buying this set however next time I will get a set like the Twin Cuisine's.

Want J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Synergy 13-Piece Knife Block Set Discount?

This is my first brand-name knife set purchase. The knives are all very sharp, the grip is comfortable, and the whole set appears to be of good build quality, so I expect it to last for a while. For less than $50, it is a good buy.

Save 67% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment