J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Pro 3-Inch Stainless Steel Paring Knife

J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Pro 3-Inch Stainless Steel Paring KnifeI have had a J.A. Henckels 3" Fine Edge paring knife for 6 months. It was a great knife until a family member decided to stick it in a meat grinder last night. But we won't hold that against the knife.

The handle is comfortable and easy to grip. With 3 through-rivets it is securely attached. The handle includes a very good front quillon to keep fingers from sliding onto the blade. The full length tang aligns perfectly with the handle reflecting quality workmanship even though the knife was made in China.

The knife was super sharp when first bought, more like a razor blade than a knife blade. Even though the blade is stainless steel, it kept the fine edge and never needing to be sharpened nor honed. To help keep it sharp I never put it in the dishwasher to avoid exposure to the harsh detergent.

For many purposes the 3" length will be perfect. I think that I prefer a slightly longer blade. There were many times while slicing vegetables that I cut a thin layer of skin off the tip of a finger holding the item being sliced--not enough to draw blood, but always surprising. This has never happened to me with any other knife and I attribute these little mishaps to the blade being so short that I did not have as good a visual line on the blade as with a longer blade, and because it is so sharp.

Henckels makes many fine knives. The Fine Edge line of knives is a discount line, and prices are quite modest. I bought an 8" Fine Edge chef's knife at the same time and have been very happy with it also. The main difference between these discounted Fine Edge knives and some of the more expensive Henckels lines, other than price, seems to be cosmetic. Thanks to the encounter with the meat grinder I now am shopping for a new paring knife. I would have bought another one of these except it is not available with free super saver shipping, and the total cost with shipping seems a bit high. I think I will buy a 4" paring knife in stead, but if you are looking for a 3" knife and like the price, I think you will like this knife.

I had a complete set of Henckels that included this knife. A couple visiting my home let their kids take it out and dig in the dirt with this one. I ordered it to replace the one that then had a broken tip. This size knife works well for small jobs like paring apples or pears, taking the eyes out of potatoes that the peeler misses, etc. Henckels makes a good quality knife and this is a usable size. The handle fits well in your palm, also.

Buy J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Pro 3-Inch Stainless Steel Paring Knife Now

The handle could be a little more comfortable for my small hand, but it is very sharp, and I am getting a lot of use from it.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Pro 3-Inch Stainless Steel Paring Knife Here

My wife and I purchased a complete J.A. Henckels knife set many years ago. I hadn't seen the paring knife in the block for a while and asked my wife about it. She said, "I may have accidentally thrown it in the garbage". We searched the house and couldn't find it, so I searched Amazon and found a replacement. Shortly after it arrived, we found the original (in an Entemmen's cake box!). Now we have 2. :-)

It was nice to be able to purchase a replacement paring knife for a knife-set that was purchased over 10 years ago.

Want J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Pro 3-Inch Stainless Steel Paring Knife Discount?

As others have mentioned, this is not a classic JA Henckel knife. It's slightly lighter and the blade is thin -BUT it gets the job done.

Save 35% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment